« ForrigeFortsett »
6. For the pay of the general and general staff of. 1.
d. ficers, in Great Britain, for 1763
1,1291 8 65 7. That a number of land forces, including 2743 invalids, amounting to 17,526 effective men,commisfioned and noncommissioned officers included, be emplyed for 1763.
8. For defraying the charge of the said number of land forces in Great Britain, Guernsey, and Jersey, from April 25, 1763, to the 24th December followlowing, both days inclusive, being 244 days 408,372 13 4
9. For maintaining his majetty's forces and garrifons in the plantations, including those in garrison at Minorca and Gibraltar, and for provisions for the garrisons in Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Gibraltar, Quebec, and Senegal, for 244 days, from the 25th of April 1763, to the 24th of December following, both days inclusive
281,781 3 67
3.053,476 2 10 MARCH 10. For defraying the charge of the pay and clothing of the militia, for one year, beginning the 25th of March 1763
150,000 0 0 MARCH 15 1. To enable his majesty to complete the payment of 220,000l. as a reasonable succour in money, to the landgrave of Heffe Caffel, pursuant to treaty
50,000 2. To make good the deficiency of the half-fubfidies of tonnage and poundage, charged with the payment of several annuities, by the acts made in the 6th of queen Anne, and the 6th of. king George I. to satisfy all annuities charged thereupon, to the 5th of January 1763
49,558 16 3. To replace to the finking fund the likesum paid out of the same, to make good the deficiency on the 5th of July 1762, of the several rates and duties upon offices and pensions, and upon houses, and upon
windows or lights, which were made a fund by an act 31 George II. for paying annuities at the bank of England, in respect of 5.000,cco l. borrowed towards the supply for 1758
48,891 14. IT 4. To replace to the sinking fund the like fum paid out of the fame, to make good the deficiency on Ja'nuary 5, 1762, of the additional duty 'upon strong beer and ale, to answer and pay the several annuities of 31. per cent. and 11. 2s. 60 per cent on 1.140,000l. part of twelve millions borrowed towards the supply granted by an act of the ift of Geo. III. for 1761. 26,710 0
5. Upon account, towards enabling the governors nd guardians of the Foundling Hospital, to maintain ad educate such children as were received into the id hospital, on, or before the 25th of March 1760, on the 31st of December 1762, 'exclusive, to the ist of December inclusive, and that the said fum be ved and paid for the use of the said hospital, without e or reward, or any deduction whatsoever 6. Upon account, for defraying the charges inrred, by supporting and maintaining the settle ent of Nova Scotia in 1760, and not provided for parliament 7. Upon account, for maintaining and supporting e civil establishment of Nova Scotia for 1763 8. Upon account, for defraying the charges of the il establishment of Georgia, and other incidental pences attending the fame, from the 24th of June "62, to the 24th of June 1763
1. Upon account, to enable his majesty to give a Sper compensation to the respective provinces in orth America, for the expences incurred by them in
levying, cloathing, and pay, of the troops raised
the coait of Africa
upon the establishment of half pay in Great tain, and who were married to them before the th of December 1716, for 1763 5. Upon account of the reduced officers of his maty's land forces and marines, for 1763 6. Upon account of the reduced officers of his maty's land forces alrcady disbanded, and such as are be disbanded, for 1753. 7. For defraying the charge for allowances to the eral officers and private gentlemen of the two ops of horse guards, and regiment of horse re,
33,351 17 6
88,74 3 4
duced, and to the superannuated gentlemen of the 1. four troops of horse guards, for 1763
2,910 8. To be paid as a reward to John Harrison, upon a proper discovery to be made by him, for the use of the public, of the principles upon which his inftrumens, for measuring time at sea, is constructed, and that che said sum be applied for the purpose aforesaid, out of any money unapplied the use of the navy, in the hands of the treasurer of the navy
285,192 18 3
1. To make good to his majesty the like fum which has been ifsued by his majesty's orders, in pursuance of the addresses of this house
6,410 5 0 2. Upon account, for out-penfioners of Chelsea hospital, 1763
51,708 13 4
58,118 19 21 Sum total of the supplies granted in this session -13.522,039 14 4
And in order to provide for this large sum of money, the following resolutions of the committee of ways and means were agreed to by the house on the days as follow.
December 4. That towards raising the supply granted to his majesty, the duties on malt, &c. be further continued from the 23d of June 1763, to the 24th of June 1764
2.037,854 19 0 FEBRUARY 7. That all persons interested in, on intitled unto, any bills, payable in course of the navy, or victualling offices, or for transports, which were made out on, or before, the 31st day of December last, who shall, on, or before the 25th day of March next, carry the fame (after having had the interest due thereupon computed, and marked upon the faid bills, at the navy or victualling office respectively) to the treasurer of his majesty's navy, to be marked and certified by him or his paymafter and cashier, to the governor and company of the bank of England, shall be intitled un
to, and have, an annuity, transferrable at the bank 1. S. d. of England, for the principal and interest due on the bills, after the rate of 4 pounds per centum per annum, to commence from the 25th day of March next, payable half yearly, in lieu of all other intereft, until redeemed by parliament, the said annuities to be charged upon the sinking fund, and the sums, which thall be iflued out of the finking fund, for payment
of the said annuities, to be from time to time replaced - Out of the next aids to be granted by parliament - 3.468,977 3 2
FERRUARY 17 That all persons interested in, or intitled unto, any debentures payable out of his majesty's office of ord. Dance, which were dated on, or before the 31st day of December last, who fall, on, or before, the 25th day of March next, carry the same to the treamfurer of his majesty's ordnance, to be certified by him, or his deputy or cashier, to the governor and company of the bank of England, shall be intitled unto, and have, an annuity transferrable at the bank of England, for the fums due on the said debentures, after the sate of four pounds per cent. per ann. to commence from the 25th day of March next, payable half yearly until redeemed by parliament, the said annuities to be charged upon the finking fund, and the fums which shall be issued out of the finking fund, for payment of the said annuities, to be, from time to time, replaced out of the next aids to be granted by parliament 595,423 2 5
March 8. 1. That there be raised in manner following ; that is to say, the sum of 2.800,000 I. by annuities, after the rate of 41. per centum per annum, transferrable at the bank of England, and redeemable by parliament, and the sum of 700,0'0 l. by cuo lotteries to be drawn at different times in the year 1763, each lottery to consist of 35,000 tickets, and every blank to be of the value of 51. the blanks and prizes to be attende ed with the like 4 per cent. transferrable and redeemable annuities, the faid several annuities to commence from the 5th day of April 1763, and to be payable half yearly on the roth day of October, and the sth day of April in every year, and that every contributor towards the said sum of 2.800,000 1. shall, for every 801. so contributed, be intitled to receive a ticket in each of the said lotteries, upon the payment of 101. for each ticket ; and that every contributor shall, on, or before, the 15th day of this instant March, make a deposit with the calhiers of the bank of England, [N] 3
of 121. íos. per cent. in part of the sum or fums to be la soda
of the monies to be contributed by him in respect of each lottery, as a security for making the future payments respectively, on or before the times herein after limited : that is to say On the 2.800,000 1.
121. 10s. per cent. on, or before, the noth day of May next.
121. 10s. per cent, on, or before, the 16th day of June next.
121. ios. per cent. on, or before, the 21st day of July next.
121. 1os. per cent, on, or before, the 30th day Auguft next.
121. 10s. per cent. on, or before, the 27th day of September next.
121. 10s. per cent. on, or before the 21st day of October next.
121. 1cs. per cent. on, or before, the 24th day of November next.
On the lotteries for 700,oool. 90l. per cent. on, or before, the 31st day of April next, for compleating the payment upon the first lottery.
gol per cent. on or before the sath day of October next, for completing the payment upon the 2d lottery,
Which several sums so received, fall, by the said cashiers, be paid into the receipt of his majesty's exchequer, to be applied, from time to time, to such services as shall then have been voted by this house, in this session of parliament, and not otherwise; and that every contributor, who shall
in the whole of his contribution on account of his share in the anpuities attending the said sum of 2.800,000). at any time, on or before, the 18ih day of October next, or on account of his share in the first lottery, on or before the 20th day of April next, or on account of his share in the second lottery, on or before the loth day of O&tober next, shall be allowed a discount after the rate of 31. per cent. per annum, on the sum fo compleating his contribution respectively, tɔ be computed from the day of compleating such contribution, to the 24th day of November next, in respect of the fum paid on account of the first mentioned annuities, and to the 21st day of April next, in respect of the sum paid on account of the firli lottery, and to the uith