« ForrigeFortsett »
company of feveral battalions, reduced from ten to nine companies, and who remained on half pay at the 24th of December 1765
10. For the charge of the office of ordnance for land fervice, for 1767
11. For defraying the expence of fervices performed by the office of ordnance for land fervice, and not provided for by parliament in 1766
For the ordinary of the navy, including half pay to fea and marine officers, for 1767 FEBRUARY 10.
1. Towards the buildings, rebuildings, and repairs of fhips of war, in his majefty's yards, and other extra works, over and above what are propofed to be done upon the heads of wear and tear and ordinary, for 1767
2. For purchafing a quantity of hemp, to replenish his majesty's magazines
1. For paying off and difcharging the exchequer bills, made out by virtue of the act of laft feffion, chap. 15. and charged upon the first aids, to be granted in this feffion
2. To make good to his majefty, the like fam iffued by his orders, in pursuance of the addresses of this house
1. Towards defraying the extraordinary expences of his majesty's land forces and other fervices, incurred to the 3d. of February 1767, and not provided for by parliament
2. Upon accounty towards defraying the charge of out-penfioners of Chelfea hofpital, for 1767
That provifion be made for the pay and cloathing of the militia, and for their fubfiftence during the time they shall be abfent from home, on account of the annual exercise, for 1767.
30000 01 4
12951 2 2
1812951 2 2
315917 16 5
106083 2 6
421000 18 11
1. Upon Account, for maintaining and fupporting the civil eftablishment of Nova Scotia, for 1767
2. Upon Account of fundry expences for the fervice of Nova Scotia for 1760, not provided for by parliament
3. Upon account, for defraying the charges of the civil establishment of Georgia, and other incidental expences attending the fame, from June 24, 1766, to June 24, 1767.
4. Upon account, for defraying the charges of the civil eftablishment of Eaft Florida, and other incidental expences attending the fame, from June 24, 1766, to June 24, 1767
5. Upon account, for defraying the charges of the civil establishments of Weft Florida, and other incidental expences attending the fame, from June 24, 1766, to June 24, 1767
6. Upon account, for defraying the expence attending general furvey's of his majesty's dominions in North America, for 1767
7. Upon account, for defraying the charges of the civil eftablishment of Senegambia, for 1767
For the marriage portion of the Queen of Denmark
Towards carrying on an additional building for a more commodious paffage to the houfe of commons, from St. Margaret's Lane, and Old Palace Yard
2 To be employed in maintaining and fupporting the British forts and fettlements on the coaft of Africa, under the direction of the committee of merchants trading to Africa,
13000 0 0
1. To replace to the finking fund, the like fum iffued thereout, to difcharge for the year ended the 29th of September, 1766, the annuities after the rate of 41. per cent. attending fuch part of the joint ftock, eftablished by an act of the third of his prefent majefty, in refpect of certain navy, victualling, and tranfport bills, and ordnance debentures, as
remained unredeemed on the faid eyth of Septem
2. To replace to ditto, the like fum issued thereout, for paying the charges of management of the annuities attending the faid joint ftock, for one year, ended the 29th of September, 1766
3. To replace to ditto, the like fum iffued thereout, to discharge from the 29th of September, 1766, to the 25th of December following, the annuities attending fuch part of the faid joint ftock as was redeemed in pursuance of an act made in the last feffion of parliament.
4. To replace to ditto, the like fum paid out of the fame, to make good the deficiency on the 5th of July, 1766, of the feveral rates and duties upon offices and penfions, and upon houses, and upon windows or lights, which were made a fund, by an act of the 31ft of his late majefty, for paying annuities in refpect of five millions borrowed towards the fupply granted for the fervice of 1758.
5. To replace to ditto, the like fum paid out of the fame, to make good the deficiency on the 10th of October, 1766, of feveral additional duties on wines imported, and certain duties on cyder and perry, which were made a fund for paying annuities in refpect of 3,500,000l. borrowed towards the fupply granted for the fervice of 1763.
6. To make compenfation to Dr. Peter Swinton, for the damage done to his eftate in the city of Chefter at the time of the late rebellion, by order of the officer commanding the garrifon of the faid city.
104506 11 10
1. That the remainder of the capital ftock of annuities, after the rate of 41. per cent. granted in re.. fpect of certain navy, victualling, and tranfport bills, and ordnance debentures, delivered in, and cancelled, pursuant to an act made in the third year of his majefty's reign, be redeemed, and paid off, on the 25th of December next, after difcharging the intereft then payable in refpect of the fame.
2. To enable his majefty to redeem and pay off the faid remainder
3. That one fourth part of the capital ftock of annuities, after the rate of 41. per cent. established
8708 17 7
49660 9 2
700 0 177926 14
12758 13 7
1741776 10 II
by the act 3 Geo. III. chap. 12. he redeemed, and paid off, on the 5th of January next, after difcharg ing the intereft then payable in refpect of the fame.
4. To enable his majefty to redeem and pay off the faid one fourth part..
5. Towards paying off and difcharging the debt of the navy
6. To make good the deficiency of the grants for the fervice of 1766
1. Upon account, for enabling the FoundlingHofpital to maintain and educate fuch children as were received into the fame, on or before the 25th of March 1760, from the 31st of December 1766 exclufive, to the 31ft of December 1767 inclufive, and that the faid fum be issued and paid as on former occafions
2. Upon account, for enabling the faid hofpital to put out apprentice the faid children, fo as the faid hofpital do not give with any one child more than 71.
129144 2 8
3045920 13 7
That the half pay of the lieutenants of his majesty's navy is unequal to the rank their commiffions bear, and the time they have been in his majesty's fer. vice.
1. Upon account, towards fatisfying the expences incurred by the committee of the company of merchants trading to Africa, on account of the eftablishment of Senegal, and its dependences, after the 29th of October, 1765
2. For further enabling his majefty to defray the contingent expences of the forces ferving in NorthAmerica
Sum total of the fupplies granted in this feffion
5500 0 0
8527728 0 6
Ways and means for raising the above fupply granted to his Ma. jefty, agreed to on the following days, viz.
Nov. 27, 1766. THAT HAT the ufual temporary malt tax be continued from the 23d of June, 1767, to the 24th of June, 1768, 700,000!. MARCH 2, 1767.
That the fum of 3s in the pound, and no more, be raised within the fpace of one year, from the 25th of March, 1767, upon lands, tenements, hereditaments, penfions, offices, and perfonal eftates, in that part of Great Britain called England, Wales, and the town of Berwick upon Tweed; and that a proportionable cefs, according to the ninth article of the treaty of union, be laid upon that part of Great Britain called Scot. land, 1,528,5681. 11. 11d. MARCH 9.
1. That the charge of the pay and cloathing of the militia, in that part of Great Britain called England, for one year, beginning the 25th of March, 1767, be defrayed out of the monies arifing by the land- tax, granted for the fervice of 1767.
2. That the fum of 1,800,000l. be raised by loans or exchequer bills, if not difcharged with intereft thereupon, on or before the 5th of April, 1768, to be exchanged and received in payment, in fuch manner as exchequer bills have ufually been exchanged and received in payment.
1. That an additional duty of 65. be laid upon every dozen of baft, or ftraw, chip, cane, and
horfe-hair hats, and bonnets, which from and after the fecond of April, 1767, fhall be entered inward at any port or place in this kingdom.
2. That an additional duty of 6s. be laid upon every pound weight avoirdupoife of platting, or other manufacture of baft, or ftraw, chip, cane, or horfe-hair, to be used in, or proper for, making of hats or bonnets, which, from and after the faid 2d of April, fhall be entered inwards at any port, or place, in this kingdom. APRIL 16.
1. That towards the fupply granted to his majefty, the fum of 1,500,000l be raised in manner following, that is to fay, the fum of 900,000l. by annuities, after the rate of 31. per cent. to commence from the 5th of January laft, and the fum of 600,000 by a lottery to confift of 60,000 tickets, the whole of fuch fum to be divided into prizes, which are to be attended with the like 31. per cent. annuities, to commence from the 5th of January, 1768; and that all the faid annuities be tranfferrable at the Bank of England, paid half-yearly on the 5th of July, and the 5th of January, in every year, out of the finking fund, and added to, and made part of, the joint ftock of 31. per cent. an. nuities, which were confolidated at the bank of England, by certain acts made in the 25th and 28th years of the reign of his late majefty, and feveral fubfequent acts, and fubject to redemption by parliament; that every contributor towards the faid fum of 900,000l. fhall, in refpect of every 60l. agreed by him to be contributed for raifing fuch fum, be entitled