« ForrigeFortsett »
317U.S. Rehearing Denied.
No. 503. Rau Construction Co. V. Phillips PetroLeum Co. January 4,1943.
No. 505. Paper Container Mfg. Co. V. Dixie-Vortex Co. January 4, 1943.
No. 76. Miller V. United States. January 11, 1943.
No. 86. Davis V. Department Of Labor And IndusTries Of The State Of Washington. January 11, 1943.
No. 463. Ranieri V. United States. January 11, 1943.
No. 509. Van Wormer V. Champion Paper & Fibre Co. January 11, 1943.
No. 537. Roddenberry v. Florida. January 11,1943.
No. 516. Eastman V. Guaranty Trust Co. Et Al. January 11, 1943. Petition for rehearing denied. Mr. Justice Roberts and Mr. Justice Douglas took no part in the consideration or decision of this application.
No. 349. Largent V. Reeves, City Marshal. January 14, 1943. The motion for leave to file petition for rehearing is granted, and the petition for rehearing is denied. The application for bail is also denied.
No. 79. Adams, Warden, Et Al. V. United States Ex Rel. Mccann. See ante, p. 605.
Rehearing Denied. 317 U. S.
Nos. 26 and 27. Pfister V. Northern Illinois FiNance Corp. Et Al. January 18,1943.
No. 507. Holiday V. United States. January 18, 1943.
No. 534. Orlando V. Illinois. January 18, 1943.
PREPARATION OF RULES UNDER ACT OF
Pursuant to the Act of May 9, 1942, c. 295, 56 Stat. 271, the Court will undertake the preparation of rules of practice and procedure with respect to appeals by the United States in certain cases.
To assist the Court in this undertaking, the Advisory Committee appointed by order of February 3, 1941, 312 U. S. 717 (amended by orders of May 26, 1941, 313 U. S. 602, and October 27, 1941, 314 U. S. 719), to assist the Court in the preparation of rules of pleading, practice, and procedure with respect to proceedings prior to and including verdict, or finding of guilty or not guilty, in criminal cases in district courts of the United States, is hereby authorized and directed to make such recommendations as may be deemed advisable respecting promulgation of rules of practice and procedure under the Act of May 9,1942.
October 26, 1942.
ABATEMENT. See Mandamus, 1.
1. Admiralty Jurisdiction. Action for death resulting from in-
2. Id. Recovery under state law for death of employee drowned
3. Actions. Defenses. Construction of § 33 of Merchant Marine
4. Suits in Admiralty Act. Act does not preclude suit against
5. Id. Limitations. Two-year limitation applicable to suit in
6. Id. Two-year limitation not affected by § 9 of Shipping Act of
7. Limitation of Liability. Application of R. S. § 4283; lack of
AGRICULTURAL ADJUSTMENT ACT.
1. Validity. Application of Act to wheat consumed on farm.
2. Referendum. Validity of referendum vote of farmers as af-