« ForrigeFortsett »
AGRICULTURAL MARKETING AGREEMENT ACT.
Construction and Effect. Program pursuant to California Agri-
AGRICULTURAL PRORATE ACT. See Agricultural Marketing
Alien Enemy. Capacity of resident alien enemy to sue. Ex parte
AMOUNT IN CONTROVERSY. See Jurisdiction, IV, 2.
ANTITRUST ACTS. See Patents for Inventions, 4; Witnesses.
1. Restraint of Trade. California Agricultural Prorate Act, regu-
2. Id. Conviction of medical organizations for conspiracy to re-
3. Id. Business of Group Health Association was "trade" within
4. Id. That defendants are physicians and medical organizations
5. Id. Sufficiency of indictment and evidence. Id.
6. Exemptions. Dispute here did not involve "terms and condi-
APPEAL. See Bankruptcy, 10; Habeas Corpus, 1, 3; Jurisdiction.
APPORTIONMENT. See Constitutional Law, I, 9.
ARTICLES OP WAR. See War, 7.
ASSESSMENT. See Banks.
ASSISTANCE OP COUNSEL. See Constitutional Law, I, 7.
ASSUMPTION OF RISK. See Boiler Inspection Act.
ATTORNEYS. See Contempt.
1. Relief of Debtors. Right of farmer-debtor who has interest in
property to institute new proceeding under § 75. Wragg v. Federal
Land Bank, 325.
2. Id. Administrator may not revive or initiate proceeding under
3. Property of Debtor. Administration in § 75 proceeding of in-
4. Id. Right of Redemption after foreclosure in Alabama as inter-
5. Id. Property in which all equity or right of debtor had been
6. Possession of Debtor. Deposit of Rental. Effect of withdrawal
7. Conciliation Commissioner. Review of Order. Timeliness of
8. Corporate Reorganization. Effect of prior proceeding pending
9. Id. Rule of full priority applicable. Id.
10. Review of Orders of Bankruptcy Court. Order of bankruptcy
National Banks. Insolvency. Assessment. Authority of Comp-
BILLS OF EXCEPTIONS. See Criminal Appeals Boles.
1. Preparation. Verbatim transcript of evidence unnecessary.
2. Settlement. Duty of counsel and district judge. Id.
BOILER INSPECTION ACT.
Construction. Right of Recovery. Ice on top of tender as in-
BURDEN OF PROOF. See Admiralty, 3.
CARBON BLACK. See Patents for Inventions, 1.
CERTIORARI. See Jurisdiction, II, 6, 20.
CHARITIES. See Taxation, 7.
Status. Citizen as enemy belligerent. Ex parte Quirin, 1.
CIVIL RIGHTS. See Constitutional Law, I, 3-7.
1. Claim Against United States. Fraud. Construction of R. S.
2. Qui Tam Actions. Nature of proceeding under R. S. §§ 3490-
3. Id. Defenses. That offenders have been indicted and fined for
4. Id. Damages. Lump sum authorized by R. S. § 3490 properly
CLAYTON ACT. See Antitrust Acts, 6.
COLLUSION. See Claims, 1.
COMPENSATION. See Longshoremen's and Harbor Workers'
COMPLETION. See Contracts, 2.
COMPTROLLER OF CURRENCY. See Banks.
CONCILIATION COMMISSIONER. See Bankruptcy, 7.
CONDEMNATION. See Constitutional Law, IV, 7-8; Eminent Do-
CONSPIRACY. See Antitrust Acts, 2; Indictment, 1-2.
Penalty for single conspiracy to violate more than one penal pro-
CONSTITUTIONAL LAW. See Habeas Corpus, 2, 5; Procedure, 4.
1. Delegation of Power. Delegation to Secretary of Labor of sub-
2. Admiralty Jurisdiction. Recovery under state act for death
3. Civil Rights. Trial by Jury. War. Congress authorized trial
4. Id. Authority of President to order offense against law of war
5. Id. Accused persons not precluded, by proclamation of July
2, 1942 or by enemy alienage, from testing in civil courts validity
6. Id. Art. Ill, § 2 does not extend to person charged with offense
7. Waiver of Constitutional Right to trial by jury and to assist-
8. Bankruptcy Power. Congress may exclude competing or con-
9. Supremacy Clause. Validity of § 124 of New York Decedent
10. Id. Priority of federal tax lien over later state tax lien.
11. Federal Taxation. Uniformity. That ultimate incidence of
II. Commerce Clause.
1. Federal Regulation. Scope of Power. Prices of commodities
2. Id. Validity of Agricultural Adjustment Act of 1938, restrict-
3. State Regulation. Criteria of validity of state regulation
4. Id. California Agricultural Prorate Act, regulating handling,
m. Full Faith and Credit Clause.
Divorce Decree. Divorce decree granted person domiciled in
IV. Fifth Amendment.
1. Due Process. Regulation. Validity of regulatory provisions
2. Id. Act of May 26, 1941, amending Agricultural Adjustment
3. Discriminatory Legislation. Fifth Amendment contains no
4. Tax Liens. Provision of Revenue Act giving unrecorded lien
5. Id. Validity of priority of unrecorded lien for federal tax
6. Estate Tax. Limitation on deduction for charitable bequests
7. Eminent Domain. Just Compensation. Exclusion from value
8. Notice and Hearing. Inclusion in judgment in condemnation
9. Criminal Procedure. Person charged with offense against law
10. Id. Double Jeopardy. Qui tarn action against person previ-