« ForrigeFortsett »
ABANDONMENT. See Patents for Inventions, 5.
Federal Power Commission; Injunction, 1; Interstate Commerce
Requirement as to hearing. Morgan v. U.S., 1.
1. Price Discriminations. Clayton Act. Application of amenda-
2. Proceedings. Abandonment of price arrangement found to be
3. Id. Importance in antitrust cases of Equity Rule 7042 as to
1. Construction and Application of Chapter X. Composition of
2. Jurisdiction of Bankruptcy Court. Property of Farmer
BOARD OF TAX APPEALS. See Jurisdiction, III, 5.
Findings. Sufficiency of evidence to support. Helvering v. Na-
No federal common law; law of State controls except in matters
v. Tompkins, 64.
Compacts between States. Hinderlider v. La Plata River Co.,
1. Negligence. Railroad Company. Liability governed, in suit
2. Equity. Doctrine of Erie R. Co. v. Tompkins applicable to
261; Rosenthal v. N. Y. Life Ins. Co., 263.
I. Miscellaneous, p. 596.
V. Sixth Amendment, p. 599.
(A) Due Process Clause, p. 600.
(B) Equal Protection Clause, p. 600.
1. Rules of Construction. Constitutional questions not decided
2. Id. Presumption of constitutionality of statute. V. S. v.
3. Delegation of Legislative Power. Helvering v. National Gro-
4. Relations Between State and Nation. Coöperation in exer-
5. Id. Territorial Jurisdiction as between State and United
6. Id. Restraint of state commission by federal court. Petro-
7. Governmental Instrumentalities. Immunity to taxation im-
8. Id. Immunity from federal tax does not extend to business
9. Id. Validity of federal admissions tax as applied to football
10. Id. Salaries of employees of Port of New York Authority
11. Id. State Taxation of lands within jurisdiction of United
12. Federal Taxation Corporations. Undistributed Earnings.
13. Bankruptcy Powers. Scope. Proceedings for voluntary
14. Id. Chapter X of Bankruptcy Act, providing for composi-
15. Id. Validity of provision of § 75 (n), for extension of pe-
16. Indians. Power of United States to manage affairs of In-
17. Administrative Proceedings. Fair and open hearing funda-
18. Compacts Between States. Validity and effect. Hinderlider
19. Challenging Validity of statutes. U.S. v. Carolene Products
1. Scope of Federal Power. U. S. v. Carolene Products Co., 144.
2. Id. Prohibition of Shipment. Public Health. Validity of
3. Id. Protection of commerce against threatened industrial
4. State Regulation. Public Utilities. Rates. Requirement that
5. Id. Order of state commission prescribing rate for gas sup-
6. Id. Order did not regulate interstate transportation nor sales
7. Id. Inclusion in property on which intrastate rate was based
8. Id. Mode of handling gas brought in from other State made
9. Id. Segregation of intrastate and interstate properties of
10. State Taxation. Indiana Gross Income Tax Act, as applied
Tax Exemption. Limitation of exemption of Indiana state and
1. Legislation Generally. Congress not bound to prohibit all like
2. Notice and Hearing. Administrative Proceedings. Fair and