« ForrigeFortsett »
JULY 29, 1841.
Read, laid upon the table, and ordered to be printed.
Mr. LEVY submitted the following
Resolved, That the Secretary of War be required to furnish to this House the following information, to wit:
1. What sums have been expended in the execution of the treaty of Payne's landing, made on the 9th day of May, 1832, with the Seminole nation of Indians-specifying the several items.
2. Whether any and what annuities are paid to the said Seminole Indians.
3. Whether the whole tract of country designated in the supplemental treaty, signed at Fort Gibson, on the 28th day of March, 1833, is now in the possession of said Seminole nation of Indians.
4. What number of Indians and negroes have been emigrated from Florida since the date of said treaty.
5. What is the aggregate amount of expenditure which has been occasioned by the hostilities of said Seminole Indians.
6. How many persons in the military service of the United States have been killed or wounded in the course of said hostilities, (including militia and regular,) and distinguishing the grades of the killed and wounded.
7. What number of pensions have been allowed in consequence of wounds received in the Florida service, or to the widows of persons killed in said service.
8. What proportion of the regular army of the United States is now on duty in Florida, and under orders for that service.