« ForrigeFortsett »
22. against the hirer of a horse for riding it improperly, &c. 107.
23. for not taking care of furniture let to defendant, 109.
• 24. against a watchmaker, for losing a watch delivered to repair, 110.
25. against wharfinger, for losing a hamper delivered to bim, 111.
26. against a farrier for badly shoeing plaintiff's borse, 115.
27. against a carrier by land for the loss of a box, 117.
28. against a coach-owner, for not carrying a passenger, 119.
29. against captain of a ship on bill of lading, for loss of goods, 121.
30. against an agent or auctioneer, for not accounting for goods, 121.
31. against vendor of estate at auction, for not making a title, &c. 125.
32. against a publican, for not assigning a lease, 128.
33. on a public-house agreement, against the vendee, 129.
34. against a tenant from year to year for various breaches, 133.
35. for plowing up grass-land, and cropping land, without manuring
36. for taking successive crops without manuring the land, 136,
37. for keeping and leaving the premises out of repair, 136.
38. by tenant against landlord on contract to indemnify tenant, 138.
ON SIMPLE CONTRACTS AND LEGAL LIABILITIES, &c.
form of the indebitatus count in debt, 142.
various descriptions of debt, 142. 7 to 44.
form of the quantum meruit count in debt, 142.
money lent, 143.
money paid, 143.
money had and received, 144.
account stated, 144.
on an award, where the submission was by arbitration bonds, 145.
against sheriff, for escape of prisoner in custody on a ca, sa. 147.
against marshal of K. B. for escape of prisoner in execution, 149.
on a money bond in K. B. 151.
the like in C. P. 152.
the like in Eschequer, 152.
counts on several bonds, 152.
excuses for profert, 153.
on a bastardy bond, 154.
on an annuity bond, 155.
on a bond to replace stock and pay dividends, 156.
executor of obligee against obligor, 158.
by an administrator in K. B. 158.
against an heir on the bond of his ancestor, 159.
against an heir, and the devisee of the obligor, 161,
on a bail-bond, where the first suit was in K. B. by bill, 162,
the like, when the first action was by special original, 166.
on a bail-bond in C. P. against the principal or bail, 167.
on replevin bond, proceedings having been removed by re. fa. lo. 168.
the like where bond was forfeited in the county court, 173.
for rent on a lease, 173.
count for use and occupation, 174,
on an annuity deed, for arrears of annuity, 175.
on a mortgage by lease and release, for principal and interest, 175.
ESTATE AND QUANTITY OF INTEREST.
4. inducement that lessor was seised in fee simple, 200.
5. seisin in fee, &c. in husband and wife in right of wife, 201.
6. seisin in the king or a corporation, 201.
7. seisin in tail, 201.
8. seisin for life, 202.
9. the like by a rector in right of his rectory, 203.
10. tenancy by curtesy or by dower, 203.
11. by assignee or executor of lessor being a termor against lessee, 204.
12. by executor of lessor in another case, 205.
13. inducement that premises were copyhold, and lessor seised
14. the like in a more concise form, 207.
15. customary freehold, 207.
MODE OF ACQUIRING THE TITLE.
31. by bargain and sale enrolled, 218.
32. by lease and release, 219.
33. by a private act of parliament, 221.
34. by lease, &c. from the king, 221.
35. by fine levied by husband and wife, of inheritance of wife, 222.
- 36. the like with proclamations, 223
37. deed to lead the uses of recovery, and recover accordingly, 223.
38. the like more fully pleaded, 225
39. surrender to use of will, and death, and presentment thereof, and
admission of devisee, 229
40. surrender to the use of a purchaser, 230.
41. title by devise in fee-simple, 231.
42. title to a chattel real by will, 232.
for keeping a dog used to bite mankind, 238.
for keeping a dog used to bite sbeep, &c 239.
for a nuisance in a public street, whereby plaintiff's carriage was
for malicious arrest, where former suit ended on payment of money
into court, 242.
the like where the first suit was discontinued, 246.
the like where the first suit was nonprossed, 247.
the like where there was a verdict for the plaintiff, 247.
for a malicious charge of felony before a justice of the peace, 248.
for a malicious prosecution of an indictment for perjary, 253
for composing and publishing a libel, accusing plaintiff of perjury, 255.
for verbal slander, of perjury, 262.
for criminal conversation vi et armis, 265.
the like in case, 266.
for debauching a daughter and servant, 267.
for enticing away a servant or apprentice, 268.
second count for harbouring, 269.
DECLARATIONS IN CASE-(continued.)
II. POR TORTS TO PERSONAL PROPERTY-(continued.)
for a false warranty of a horse, 276.
for deceitfully representing a third person fit to be trusted, 278.
against owner of a coach für negligence of servant in driving same, 281.
against owner of ship for negligence in navigation of it, 283.
for double value of goods distrained, no rent due, 285.
for distraining beasts of plough and sheep, 286.
for distraining for more rent than was due, 287.
for taking excessive distress for rent, 288.
for driving distress above three miles out of the hundred, 287.
for impounding distress off the premises, and not giving notice, 287.
for refusing to restore distress, on tender of rent and costs, 288.
for selling a distress within five days, 289.
for not removing distress within reasonable time after five days, 290.
for not selling for the best price, 291.
for not leaving the overplus of distress with the sheriff, 292.
for rescue of distress for rent on a common appurtenant, 293.
for a pound-breach, 295.
for rescuing cattle taken damage-feasant, 296.
for pound-breach cattle taken damage-feasant, 297.
for a rescue of a person arrested on mesne process, 297.
for an escape on mesne process, 299.
for not arresting the debtor when defendant had an opportunity, 301.
the like, and for false return on mesne process of non est inventus, 302.
against the sheriff for an escape on final process, 303.
for a false return of nulla bona to a writ of fi. fa 303.
for not levying, and false return of nulla bona, 305.
for not taking replevin bond, 306.
for taking insufficient pledges in replevin, 310.
for not assigning a bail-bond, 311.
for infringing copyright of a book, patents, &c. 313 to 322.
second count, for exposing to sale printed copies, 314.
count stating that parts of plaintiff's book were original, 315.
for infringing the copyright of a print, 316.
for the infringment of patent by patentee and assignee, 317.
second count, for making imitations of the invention, 322.
for cattle, deeds, bonds, bills and notes, bank notes, money, and
by assignees of a bankrupt, first count on bankrupt's possession, 325.
second count, on assignee's possession, 325.
by an executor for a trover and conversion in the life-time of testa -
second count, for a conversion after his death, 327.
third count, for trover and conversion after testator's death, 327.
by an administrator, first count on intestate's possession, 328.
second count, on a trover before the death, and conversion after, 329.
third count, on a trover after death, and before administration, 329.
fourth count, on possession of administrator, 330.
for an injury to plaintiff's reversionary interest in goods, 330.
111. FOR TORTS TO REAL PROPERTY CORPOREAL.
to houses or land in possession or reversion.
for obstructing ancient windows, 331.
second count, for continuing the nuisance, 333.
for not repairing a privy adj rining plaintiff's house, 334.
second count, for not emptying the cesspool, 335.
by a reversioner, for damage to messuage in possession of his tenant, 336.
DECLARATIONS IN CASE-(continued.)
III. FOR, TORTS TO REAL PROPERTY CORPOREAL-(continued.)
for diverting the water of a river from plaintiff's mill, 337.
general diversion of water withoat shewng the means, 339.
not keeping the banks of the river in repair, 340.
for widening, &c. cuts from the stream, 342.
by reversioner against tenant for years, &c. for cutting trees, 344.
the like for bad husbandry, not repairing, &c. 345.
against administratrix of rector, for dilapidations, 346.
for not repairing a fence, with special damage, &c. 348.
for not carrying away great tithès, 350.
for disturbance of rights of common.
of common of pasture, by turning sheep on the common, 354.
for building, &c. upon the common, 356.
for inclosing part of the common, 356.
for digging turves, 357.
for disturbance of common of turbary, 357.
for disturbance of common of estovers, 358.
for disturbance of ways.
for obstructing plaintiff's private way, 358.
second count, without shewing the means of obstruction, 361.
for disturbance of a pew, 362.
for disturbance of franchises, tolls, offices, ferries, &c. 363.
case upon statutes, 364.
for an assault, spitting in face, beating, &c. with damage, 371.
second count, for a common assault, 372.
the like, for a battery, &c. on board a ship, 373.
husband and wife against husband and wife, for a battery, 374.
by husband alone, for the battery of his wife per quod, &c. 374.
by a master, for the battery of his servant per quod, &c. 375.
for false imprisonment and compelling plaintiff to go to a police
common count for false imprisonment generally, 376.
for chasing sheep, &c. with special damage, 377.
second count, for chasing sheep or other cattle, 378.
for seizing cattle, or other property, as a distress, 378.
common count de bonis asportatis, 379.
for shooting a dog, &c. 379.
for running a carriage against plaintiff's, with special damage, &c. 380.