« ForrigeFortsett »
2 Long as our fiery trials last,
3 Till thou thy perfect love impart,
333. C. M. Wesley's Coll. Prayer for Tenderness, and Watchfulness. UICK as the apple of an eye, O God, my conscience make; Awake my soul when sin is nigh, And keep it still awake.
2 If to the right or left I stray,
3 O may the least omission pain
334. S. M. Wesley's Coll. Prayer for wants to be relieved.
JESUS, my strength, my hope,
On thee cast my care,
2 Give me a sober mind,
A self-renouncing will,
That tramples down and casts behind,
3 A soul inured to pain,
To hardship, grief, and loss; Bold to take up-firm to sustain The consecrated cross.
4 Give me a godly fear,
5 A spirit still prepar'd,
And arm'd with jealous care,
335. PART II.
WANT a heart to pray,
2 A jealous, just concern
336. L. M. Wesley's Coll. Seeking Blessings from Jesus. I fain would walk in thee,
From nature's every path retreat;
3 0 thou, my Saviour, brother, friend,
337. C. M. Altered. Acknowledgment and Petition.
thee I turn
My anxious longing eyes;
For thou canst all my wants discern,
2 O let thy fear within me dwell,
3 Since oft. by error's baits allur'd, My blind, my stubborn will, Madly rejects the solid good,
And grasps the tempting ill;
4 Not to my wish, but to my wants,
338. C. M.
FATHER, whate'er of earthly bliss
2 'Give me a calm and thankful heart,
The blessings of thy grace impart,
3 Let the sweet hope that thou art mine, 'My life and death attend; Thy presence through my journey shine, And crown my journey's end.'
339. S. M. Wesley's Coll.
2. To thee, Almighty God,
340. C. M. Wesley's Coll. A Prayer for Purity of Heart.
JESUS, thy all-victorious love
Then shall my feet no longer rove,
20 that it now from heaven may fall,
3 Refining fire, go through my heart,
Diffuse thy life through every part,
341. C. M. Wesley's Coll. The Image of Christ desired. FOR a heart to praise my God, A heart from sin set free; A heart that always feels thy blood, So freely spilt for me!
2 A heart resign'd, submissive, meek, My great Redeemer's throne; Where only Christ is heard to speak, Where Jesus reigns alone:
3 An humble, lowly, contrite heart, Believing, true, and clean;
Which neither life nor death can part From him that dwells within:
4 A heart in every thought renew'd,
5 Thy tender heart is still the same,
342. C. M.
The Desired Blessing. Prov. xxx. 8.
FATHER, I bow before thy throne,
To thee address my prayer;
Though all my wants to thee are known,
2 Pure, meek, and patient, may I be,
3 Kindly removed from wealth and want,
343. S. M.
2 That rich atoning blood,
Which sprinkled round I see,
3 My soul, ask what thou wilt,
4 Beyond thy utmost wants,