« ForrigeFortsett »
WAYFARING HYMNS, Original and Selected. By ANNA WAR
NER, Author of "The Golden Ladder," &c. 32mo. 6d.
WEITBRECHT (Mrs.) The Women of India and Christian Work in the Zenana. By Mrs WEITBRECHT. Crown 8vo. 3s.
Memoir of the Rev. J. J. WEITBRECHT,
late Missionary of the C. M.S. in Bengal. Compiled by his Widow from is Journal and his Letters. With a Preface by the late Rev. H. VENN, MA. Crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
Sermons by the late Rev. JOHN JAMES WEITBRECHT, Missionary of the C. M.S. at Burdwan. Crown 8vo. 5s. Cloth.
WELL IS DEEP (The); or, Scripture Illustrating Scripture.
Arranged as Morning and Evening Bible Readings for every day in the Year. 32mo. 2s. 6d. Cloth, gilt edges.
WEST. The Romance of Missions; or, Inside Views of Life and Labour in the Land of Ararat. By MARIA A. WEST, Missionary of the American Board in Turkey. With an Introduction by Mrs. CHARLES, Author of "The Schonberg Cotta Family." Crown 8vo. 78. Od. Cloth.
WHAT SHE COULD, and OPPORTUNITIES. Tales. By the Author of "The Wide. Wide World," &c. Coloured Illustrations. Small crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
WHITFIELD. Light and Life in Christ. By the Rev. F. WHIT
FIELD, M. A. Crown 8vo. 5s. Cloth.
Shadows of the Great Sacrifice; or, The Altar, the
Bekah, and the Shoe. 16mo. 1s.
Voices from the Valley Testifying of Jesus. Small
crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
Truth in Christ.
Small crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth. Earthly Shadows of the Heavenly Kingdom.
Small crown 8vo.
3s. 6d. Cloth.
Christ in the Word. Small crown 8vo. 3s. 6d.
The Changed Ones: Reflections on the Second 16mo. 18. Cloth.
Chapter of the Song of Solomon.
WHITMORE. Seeking the Lost. Incidents and Sketches of
Christian Work in London.
By the Rev. C. J. WHITMORE, Author of "The
Bible in the Workshop." Crown 8vo. 38. 6d. Cloth.
WIDE, WIDE WORLD (The).
Illustrations. Crown 8vo. 3s. 6d.
By SUSAN WARNER. Coloured
WIDOW'S PORTION (The); or, Daily Bread for the Bereaved. Royal 8vo. 2s. 6d. Cloth limp.
WIGHTMAN (MRS. C.) Arrest the Destroyer's March.
CHARLES WIGHTMAN. Crown 8vo. 35. 6d. Cloth.
Haste to the Rescue; or, Work while it is Day. With a Preface by the Author of "English Hearts and English Hands." Crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth boards. Cheap Edition, 1s. 6d. limp.
Annals of the Rescued. With a Preface by the Rev.
C. E. L. WIGHTMAN. Crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
WILD BELLS (The), and what they Rang. By W. S. MARTIN.
With Illustrations, 16mo. 1s. Cloth.
WILD FLOWERS OF THE HOLY LAND. Fifty-four Plates printed in Colours; drawn and painted after Nature by HANNA ZELLER, Nazareth. With a Preface by the Rev. H. B. TRISTRAM, Canon of Durnam, and an Introduction by EDWARD ATKINSON, Esq., F.LS. F.Z.S. 4to. Cloth gilt.
WILLIAMS (R.) Memoir of Richard Williams, Surgeon, Catechist in the Mission to Tierra del Fuego. By the late Rev. JAMES HAMILTON, D.D. Crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
WILLIAMS (W.) Welsh Calvinistic Methodism; A Historical Sketch. By the Rev. W. WILLIAMS. Small crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
WILLIS. Pulpit Discourses, Expository and Practical, and College Addresses. By MICHAEL WILLIS, D. D., LL. D., Emeritus Professor of Divinity and Principal of Knox College, Toronto, and formerly Minister of Renfield Church, Glasgow. Post 8vo. 7s. 6d. Cloth.
WILMOT FAMILY (The); or, They that Deal Truly are His Delight. By Mrs DRUMMOND. Illustrations. 16mo. 1s. 6d. Cloth.
WILSON (J. H.) The Gospel and its Fruits. A Book for the Young. By the Rev. J. H. WILSON, Edinburgh. Illustrations. Crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
Our Father in Heaven: The Lord's Prayer Familiarly Explained and Illustrated for the Young. Illustrations. Small crown 8vo. 2s. 6d. Cloth.
'WILSON (J.) Memoirs of the Life of James Wilson, Esq., F.R.S.E., M.W.S., of Woodville. By the late JAMES HAMILTON, D.D. Post 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
WILSON (W.) The Book of Psalms; with an Exposition, Typical and Prophetical, of the Christian Dispensation. By W. WILSON, D.D., Vicar of Holy Rhood, Southampton, and Canon of Winchester. Two vols. 8vo. 16s. Cloth.
WINSCOM. Dear Old England: A Description of our Fatherland. Dedicated to all English Children. By JANE ANNE WINSCOM. Crown Svo. 6s. Cloth.
WINSLOW. The Precious Things of God. By OCTAVIUS WIN
SLOW, D.D. Crown 8vo. 58. Cloth.
The Sympathy of Christ With Man: Its Teaching and
its Consolation. Crown Evo. 5s. Cloth.
The Foot of the Cross, and the Blessings Found
2s. 6d. Cloth.
Help Heavenward: Words of Strength and Heart
Cheer to Zion's Travellers. 16mo. 2s. 6d. Cloth.
The Officer's Daughter: A Memoir of Mrs. Elizabeth Tatton. To which are added some Instances of Divine Grace in the Army. Fcap. 8vo. 2s. 6d. Cloth.
WITHOUT AND WITHIN. A New England Story. Coloured
Illustrations. Small crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth.
WOOLFORD. More than Conqueror; or, The Life of John Woolford, Telegraph Inspector. By the Author of "Haste to the Rescue," &c. Demy 16mo. 1s. Cd. Cloth.
WORD SERIES (The). Coloured Illustrations. Small crown 8vo. Each 3s. 6d. Cloth. (See page 39.)
WYCH HAZEL: A Tale. By SUSAN and ANNA WARNER, Author of "The Wide Wide World," &c. Illustrations. Crown 8vo. 3s. 6d. Cloth. YORKE. The Church of Christ Portrayed: as to the Peculiar Character of its Unity, Ordinances, Visibility, and Spirituality. By the Rev. C. I. YORKE, M.A., Rector of Shenfield. Fcap. Svo. 2s. 6d. Cloth.
THE GOLDEN LADDER SERIES.
Uniform in size and binding, with Coloured Illustrations.
1. THE GOLDEN LADDER: Stories illus-
3. QUEECHY. By the Same.
7. THE OLD HELMET. By the Same. 3s. 6d.
8. NETTIE'S MISSION: Stories illustrative of the Lord's Prayer. By JULIA MATHEWS. 3s. 6d.
9. GLEN LUNA; or, Dollars and Cents. By ANNA WARNER, 3s. 6d. 10. DRAYTON HALL: Stories illustrative of the Beatitudes. By JULIA MATHEWS. 3s. 6d.
11. WITHOUT AND WITHIN, A New England Story. 3s. 6d.
12. VINEGAR HILL STORIES: Illustrative of the Parable of the Sower. By ANNA WARN R. 3s. 6d.
13. LITTLE SUNBEAMS.
THEWS. 3s. 6d.
By JOANNA MA
15. TRADING and THE HOUSE IN TOWN. 3s. 6d.
16. DARE TO DO RIGHT. By JULIA MATHEWS. 3s. 6d.
17. HOLDEN WITH THE CORDS. By the Author of "Within and Without." 3s. 6d.
18. GIVING HONOUR. Containing "The
19. SCEPTRES AND CROWNS, and THE FLAG
THE THREE LITTLE SPADES. By ANNA
PRENTISS. 2s. 6d
23. URBANE AND HIS FRIENDS.
Author of "Stepping Heavenward." 28. 6d.
24. PINE NEEDLES AND OLD YARNS. By the Author of "The Wide Wide World," &c. 2s. 6d.
THE WORD SERIES.
By SUSAN and ANNA WARNER, Authors of "The Wide, Wide World," "Dollars
and Cents," &c.
Uniform with the "Golden Ladder" Series,
Crown 8vo. Each 3s. 6d. Cloth.
"The aim of this series of volumes is so to set forth the Bible incidents and course of history, with its train of actors, as to see them in the circumstances and colouring, the light and shade, of their actual existence."
"The volumes embody, as far as possible, a complete collection of all the known facts, natural, social, and historical, or other, which go to the illustration and full elucidation of the Bible narrative."
1. WALKS FROM EDEN: The Scripture Story from the Creation to the Death of Abraham.
2. THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL: The Scripture Story from the Birth of Isaac to the Death of Jacob.
3. THE STAR OUT OF JACOB: The
Scripture Story illustrating the Earlier Portion of the Gospel Narrative.
Cloth. Most of them with Illustrations.
14 and 15. THE ROMANCE OF NATURAL
17. TALES FROM ALSACE; or, Scenes and
18. HYMNS OF THE CHURCH MILITANT. Edited by the Author of "The Wide, Wide World."
19. THE PHYSICIAN'S DAUGHTERS. By
20. WANDERING HOMES, AND THEIR IN-
A Tale. By SYDNEY
THE EIGHTEENPENNY JUVENILE SERIES.
Uniform in Size and Binding. 16mo.
1. AUNT EDITH; or, Love to God the Best Motive.
2. SUSY'S SACRIFICE. By the Author of "Nettie's Mission."
3. KENNETH FORBES; or, Fourteen Ways of Studying the Bible.
4. LILIES OF THE VALLEY, and other Tales.
5. CLARA STANLEY:
among the Hills.
6. THE CHILDREN
or, A Summer
7. HERBERT PERCY; or, From Christmas to Easter.
8. PASSING CLOUDS; or, Love Conquering Evil.
9. DAYBREAK; or, Right Struggling and Triumphant.
10. WARFARE AND WORK; or, Life's Progress.
11. EVELYN GREY. By the Author of "Clara Stanley.'
12. THE HISTORY OF THE GRAVELYN
13 DONALD FRASER.
14 THE SAFE COMPASS, AND HOW IT POINTS. By the Rev. R. NEWTON, D.D.
15. THE KING'S HIGHWAY; or, Illustrations of the Commandments. By the Same.
16. BESSIE AT THE SEA-SIDE. By JOANNA H. MATHEWS.
17. CASPER. By the Author of "The Wide, Wide World," &c.
With Illustrations. Each 1s. 6d. Cloth.
18. KARL KRINKEN; or, The Christmas Stocking. By the Same.
19. MR RUTHERFORD'S CHILDREN. By the Same.
SYBIL AND CHRYSSA. By the Same. 21. HARD MAPLE. By the Author of " Mr Rutherford's Children," &c.
22. OUR SCHOOL DAYS.
23. AUNT MILDRED'S LEGACY.
26. LITTLE KATY AND JOLLY JIM. By
27. BESSIE AT SCHOOL. By J. H. MATTHEWS.
28. BESSIE AND HER FRIENDS. By the Same. BESSIE IN THE MOUNTAINS. By the Same.
30. HILDA AND HILDEBRAND; or, The
31. GLEN ISLA. By Mrs DRUMMOND.
33. LOUISA MORETON; or, Children, obey
34. THE WILMOT FAMILY; or, "They that deal truly are His delight." By the Same.
35. SOWING IN TEARS, AND REAPING IN JOY. BY FRANZ HOFFMAN. From the German, by Mrs FABER.
THE SHILLING JUVENILE SERIES.
Uniform in Size and Binding. 16mo. Illustrations. 18. Cloth.
1. CHANGES UPON CHURCH BELLS.
C. S. H.
2. GONZALEZ AND HIS WAKING DREAMS. By C. S. H.
3. DAISY BRIGHT. By EMMA MARSHALL. 4. HELEN; or, Temper and its Consequences. By Mrs G. GLADSTONE. 5. THE CAPTAIN'S STORY; or, The Disobedient Son. By W. S. MARTIN. 6. THE LITTLE PEATCUTTERS; or, The Song of Love. By EMMA MARSHALL 7. LITTLE CROWNS, AND HOW TO WIN THEM. By the Rev. J. A. COLLIER. 8. CHINA AND ITS PEOPLE. By a MISSIONARY'S WIFE.
9. TEDDY'S DREAM.
10. ELDER PARK; or, Scenes in our Garden. By Mrs ALFRED PAYNE.
11. HOME LIFE AT GREYSTONE LODGE. By the Author of "Agnes Falconer." 12. THE PEMBERTON FAMILY, and other Stories.
13. CHRISTMAS AT SUNBERRY DALE. By W. B. B., Author of "Clara Downing's Dream."
14. PRIMROSE; or, The Bells of Old Effingham. By Mrs MARSHALL, Author of "Daisy Bright."
BOY GUARDIAN. By C. E. BOWEN, Author of "Dick and his Donkey," &c.
16. VIOLET'S IDOL. By JOANNA H. MA
17. FRANK GORDON, by F. R. GOULDING; and LITTLE JACK, by ANNA WAR
18. THE COTTAGE BY THE CREEK. By the
21. GLASTONBURY; or, The Early British
22. MAX. A Story of the Oberstein Forest. 23. MARY TRELAWNY. By CHRISTIAN REDFORD.
24. LUPICINE; or, The Hermit of St Loup. 25. LOVINGKINDNESS; or, The Ashdown Flower-Show.
16mo. With Illustrations. Each 1s. cloth; or the Set, in a handsome cloth box,
price 17s. 6d.
BALLANTYNE'S BOY'S LIBRARY; OR, MISCELLANY OF
ENTERTAINING AND INSTRUCTIVE TALES.
1. FIGHTING THE WHALES; or, Doings and Dangers on a Fishing Cruise.
2. AWAY IN THE WILDERNESS; or. Life among the Red Indians and Fur Traders of North America.
3. FAST IN THE ICE; or, Adventures in the Polar Regions.
4. CHASING THE SUN; or, Rambles in Norway.
5. SUNK AT SEA; or, The Adventures of Wandering Will in the Pacific.
6. LOST IN THE FOREST; or, Wandering Will's Adventures in South America.
7. OVER THE ROCKY MOUNTAINS; or, Wandering Will in the Land of the Red Skin.
8. SAVED BY THE LIFEBOAT; or, A Tale of Wreck and Rescue on the Coast. 9. THE CANNIBAL ISLANDS; or, Captain Cook's Adventures in the South Seas.
HUNTING THE LIONS; or, The Land of the Negro.
DIGGING FOR GOLD; or, Adventures in California.
12. UP IN THE CLOUDS; or, Balloon Voyages.
13. THE BATTLE AND THE BREEZE; or, The
15. THE STORY OF THE ROCK.