« ForrigeFortsett »
CLASSIFIED LIST OF NEW AND POPULAR
FIVE SHILLINGS EACH.
Crown 8vo, beautifully bound in extra cloth, Gilt Edges.
1. The Wish and the Way; or, Passages in the Life of Rose Burgoyne. By the Author of The Diamond Wreath.' Illustrated.
2. Adah, the Jewish Maiden: A Story of the Siege of Jerusalem. By Agnes
M. Gray. Illustrated.
3. Zina; or, Morning Mists. By the Author of The Wish and the Way.' Illustrated.
4. Thrust Out: An Old Legend. By the Author of Until the Shadows Flee Away.' Illustrated.
5. Lady Willacy's Protegées; or, Homes
7. The Young Brahmin's Story; or, The
With Plain Edges.
9. M'Cheyne's Memoir and Remains. By 10. M'Cheyne's Additional Remains, consistthe Rev. A. A. Bonar. One hundred and seventeenth thousand. Fine Portrait.
ing of Sermons and Lectures.
THREE SHILLINGS AND SIXPENCE EACH. Illustrated, handsomely bound in extra cloth, Gilt Edges.
1. Dunallan; or, Know what you Judge. By Miss Grace Kennedy. Tenth edition, small crown 8vo.
2. Men of Note in British Church History. By the Rev. Dr. Marshall. Small crown 8vo.
3. The Noble Printer; or, The Story of the First Printed Bible. Small crown 8vo. 4. Clifford Castle: A Tale of the English Reformation. By Mrs. Mackay, Author of 'The Family at Heatherdale.' Small crown 8vo.
5. William Farel, and the Story of the
Swiss Reform. By Rev. W. M.
6. The Slave, the Serf, and the Freeman.
7. The Story of Aimée; or, A Life Discipline. By the Author of The Wish and the Way,' 'The Diamond Wreath,' etc. Small crown 8vo.
8. Jeanie Wilson, the Lily of Lammermoor. Revised and Reprinted, with additions, from The Sunday at Home.'
9. Life of Sir Walter Scott.
With Plain Edges.
By the Rev.
10. Thomas Chalmers: A Biographical Study. By James Dodds.
11. Jamieson's (Rev. Robert, D.D.) Eastern Manners Illustrative of Old Testament
History. Sixth edition, greatly enlarged, crown 8vo, with numerous Illustrations.
12. Jamieson's (Rev. Robert, D.D.) Eastern Manners Illustrative of New Testament History. Sixth edition, crown 8vo, with Illustrations.
TWO SHILLINGS AND SIXPENCE EACH.
I. Anna Ross; or, The Orphan of Waterloo.
12. Witnessing for Jesus in the Homes of
13. Duncan's (Mrs. Mary Lundie) Memoir. 14. A Book for Governesses. By One of them. 15. Scott (Sir Walter), Life of. Cheap edition.
16. Life of Dr. John Kitto. By Dr. Eadie. 17. Laurence Gillmore; the Peasant and the Pastor.
18. Lucy Raymond; or, The Children's Watchword.
19. Mary Mathieson; or, Duties and Difficulties.
TWO SHILLINGS EACH.
1. Anna Ross; or, The Orphan of Waterloo.
4. The Decision; or, Religion must be All
5. Duncan's Cottage Fireside.
6. The Family at Heatherdale.
7. Last Days of the Martyrs.
8. Margaret of Navarre.
9. Philip Colville: A Covenanter's Story.
10. Pierre and his Family.
11. Principles and Practice.
12. Profession is not Principle.
13. Steps in the Dark. By Mrs. Henderson. 14. Stories by the Author of 'Pierre.'
15. Whitecross's Anecdotes on the Shorter Catechism.
16. Whitecross's Anecdotes on the New Testament.
17. Whitecross's Moral and Religious Anecdotes.
18. Young Calvin in Paris; or, The Scholar and the Cripple.
19. A Year Abroad.
20. Bible Jewels. By Richard Newton, D.D.
21. Anna Lee: The Maiden, Wife, and Mother.
22. The Christian Warrior.
23. Bible Pearls. By Madeline Leslie.
The Crown of Virtue.
25. Bible Wonders. By Richard Newton, D.D.
26. Jessie Grey.
27. The Old and New Home.
28. The German Drummer Boy.
29. Alice Herbert, and Emily's Choice.
31. Master Peter's Wanderings in Search of
32. The Besieged City, and the Heroes of
33. Joseph Pilmor, the Quaker Soldier.
35. His Excellency. By the Author of 'Biddy.' 36. Climbing the Ladder; or, Tom Fairbairn's Progress. By A. K. Hope.
NEW SERIES OF ONE-AND-SIXPENNY BOOKS.
Small Crown 8vo, cloth.
Each with Beautiful Illuminated Side and Coloured Frontispiece, and other Illustrations.
34. The Cold Shoulder; or, A Half-Year at Craiglea. By the Author of 'The Boys of Springdale.'
35. Carry Morgan. By the Author of Biddy.'
36. An Enemy's Friendship: A Tale of the By the Author
of 'Mayflower Stories.'
37. Little Madeline: A Story for Children.
PICTORIAL HYMN CARDS
Richly Illuminated, Beautifully Illustrated, and Printed in Colours and Gold.
Price 1s. 6d. each, or the Set of 6, in a Cover, price 7s. 6d.
With Illuminated Side and Frontispiece, Cloth, New Style.
1. Andrew Campbell's Visit to his Irish Cousins. By Grace Kennedy.
2. Bernard Palissy, the Huguenot and Potter. 3. Charlotte and her Enemy.
4. The Diamond Wreath.
5. Eadie's Lectures to the Young.
6. Fitzallan the Catechist; containing the original Story of "The Sea-Boy's Grave.'
7. The Gardener's Daughter, and Mary Grant.
20. Pollok's Helen of the Glen.
24. The Student's Walk.
27. The Manse of Sunnyside; or, Trials of a
28. The Hallet Family: A Story for the
29. The Mother Dove. And other Stories. 30. Countess Margarethé and her Children. 31. Tom Ilderton. By Mrs. Scott.
32. The Two Friends, and The Rescue.
34. Widow Gray, and Elspeth Sutherland.
40. The Dairyman's Daughter.
By the Author of The
NEW SERIES OF SHILLING BOOKS.
Each with Beautiful Coloured Frontispiece and Vignette.
45. Sister Cora: A Tale of the Eighteenth Century. By the Author of 'Biddy.'
48. The Story of Cranmer. By Rev. Dr. Marshall.