Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 82
Biscoe, John (1794-1843), 88 Black, Richard (1902-1992), 89 Booth Island (
Antarctic Peninsula), 91 Boothia Peninsula (Canada), 91 Borchgrevink, Carsten (
1864-1934), 93 Borden Island (Canada), 95 Borough, Stephen (1525-1584), ...
1580s), 521 Peter I Island (Antarctica), 522 Petermann Island (Antarctic
Peninsula), 522 Phipps, Constantine (1744-1792), 522 Plaisted, Ralph (1927-),
524 Poland, 526 Poles of Inaccessibility, 526 Pomor Contribution to Arctic
Exploration, 527 ...
The exploration of Prince Charles Foreland. Scottish Geographical Magazine, 32
(2), 139-150. Prince Edward Islands (Sub-Antarctic) This somewhat confusingly
named group consists of two islands, the smaller Prince Edward Island (46°38'S,
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 andre deler vises ikke