Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 80
See also: Belgium; Christensen, Lars ( 1 936- 1 937); Gerlache, Adrien de; Japan
; Norway; Pakistan; Queen Maud Land; Riiser-Larsen, Hjalmar (1930-1931)
References and further reading: ToIIefsen, I. E. 1 997. Antarctica: the Ronde
Further excursions south and east failed to discover more land, and Williams
turned toward Valparaiso, reaching it on 15 ... Antarctic Exploration; South
Shetland Islands; Weddell, James References and further reading: Campbell,
R. J., ed.
... Islands; Northeast Passage; Severnaya Zemlya; Sverdrup, Otto; Toll, Eduard
von (1900-1903); Wrangell Island References and further reading: Barr, W. 1975.
A Tsarist attempt at opening the Northern Sea Route; the Arctic Ocean ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 andre deler vises ikke