Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 54
Meeting up with Olsen, who had gone ahead with Birket- Smith, they followed the
Inlet to Baker Lake, where they arrived on 12 May to find Birket-Smith happy with
what he was learning about the Caribou Inuit from those visiting the HBC post ...
Stenersen and Rotvold arrived back at the ship at 2:00 p.m. on Christmas Day. As
soon as Ritscher s news got through, preparations began in Germany for two
relief expeditions: an official effort led by the Norwegian Arve Staxrud, and a ...
He arrived back on 1 1 April, after making a detour to conduct a brief geological
survey of Stolbovoy Island, which he had not visited during his previous
expeditions. Three days later, Matisen led a sledging party over the sea ice to
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 andre deler vises ikke