Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 86
Here Marion's voyage ceases to concern polar exploration, and its story cannot
be told in detail. In brief, after an unhappy encounter with Tasmanian aborigines
in which some crew, including Marion, were slightly wounded and an aborigine ...
Dobbs took his proposal for a new expedition to the Hudson's Bay Company (
HBC), where he met a decidedly unenthusiastic response. The HBC's resources
were fully committed to the fur trade, and exploration was risky and expensive.
1957. Two against the ice. London: Rupert Hart- Davis. Mikkelsen, P. S. 1994.
Nordostgronland 1908-60: fangst- mandsperioden. Copenhagen: Dansk
Polarcenter. Mill, H. R. 1905. The siege of the South Pole: the story of Antarctic
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 andre deler vises ikke