Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 87
Cambridge: Scott Polar Research Institute. . 1972. The Russians in the Arctic:
aspects of Soviet exploration and exploitation of the far north, 1937-57. Westport,
CT: Greenwood Press. . 1983. Bering's expeditions. In J. H. Bater and R. A.
1985c. The Arctic Ocean Hydrographic Expedition, 1910-1915: an overview.
Polar Geography and Geology, 9(4), 257-271. . 1985d. The Austrian expedition
to Jan Mayen. Arctic Institute of North America, Technical Paper 29, 60-70. .
Philadelphia: Temple University Press. Courtauld, A. \957. Man the ropes.
London: Hodder and Stoughton. Cowie, J. W. 1959. Lauge Koch's expeditions to
East Greenland, 1926 to 1958. Polar Record, 9(63), 547-552. Crawford, A. B.
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 andre deler vises ikke