Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 88
A Historical Encyclopedia William James Mills. tional disintegration. Fram, 1(1), 1
-64. . 1984b. The fate of Rusanov's Gerkules expedition in the Kara Sea, 1913:
some further details and recent developments. Polar Record, 22(138), 287-304.
Polar Record, 9(63), 547-552. Crawford, A. B. 1950. Establishment of the South
African meteorological station on Marion Island, 1947-48. Polar Record, 5(40),
576-579. Crawford, J. 1998. That first Antarctic winter. Christchurch, NZ: South ...
Melbourne: Melbourne University Press. Swithinbarik, C. W. M. 1989. Non-
government aviation in Antarctica. Polar Record. . 1999. Foothold on Antarctica:
the first international expedition (1949-1952) through the eyes of its youngest
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
67 andre deler vises ikke