Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 88
Hudson Bay West Greenland Bering Strait Russian discovery of Alaska Great
Northern Expedition Russian Arctic coast, Archangel toward the Ob' River
Russian Arctic coast, Ob' River to Yenisey River Russian Arctic coast, Lena River
to the ...
Entries Listed in Chronological Order xiii First sighting of the Antarctic continent;
second circumnavigation of Antarctica; discovery of Peter I Island and Alexander
Island Arctic coast of North America, Coppermine River to Point Turnagain ...
xvi Entries Listed in Chronological Order Claimed first to the North Pole Antarctic
Peninsula; Charcot Island Coronation Gulf and Victoria Island, Canadian Arctic
Third attempt to reach the North Pole by airship King Frederik VIII Land, East ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
Entries Listed in Chronological Order
Peary Robert 18561920 510
Petermann Island Antarctic Peninsula 522
67 andre deler vises ikke