Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 70
Baffin Bay 51 Badigin, K. S. 1950. Trizimovki vo l'dakh arktiki. Moscow: Izdatel'
stro Tsk VLKSM "Molodaya Gvardiya." Buynitskiy,V. Kh. 1945. 812 dney v
dreyfuyuschikh Idakh. Dnevnik. Moscow: Izdatcl stvo Glavsevmorputi. Baffin Bay
52 Baffin Island Edward Parry was lucky to make it across Baffin Bay in 1824.
Following his success in crossing the Middle Passage in 1819, he tried again five
years later. Rather than following the Greenland coast past Melville Bay and ...
The Discovery of Baffin Bay, 1616 At the conclusion of his journal for Robert
Bylot's expedition of 1615, Baffin forcefully expressed his opinion that the
Northwest Passage should be looked for no further in Hudson Bay but instead
should be ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
Entries Listed in Chronological Order
Peary Robert 18561920 510
Petermann Island Antarctic Peninsula 522
67 andre deler vises ikke