Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 87
vi Biscoe, John (1794-1843), 88 Black, Richard (1902-1992), 89 Booth Island (
Antarctic Peninsula), 91 Boothia Peninsula (Canada), 91 Borchgrevink, Carsten (
1864-1934), 93 Borden Island (Canada), 95 Borough, Stephen (1525-1584), ...
... Inlet Wellington Channel Canadian Islands South of Parry Channel Baffin
Island Banks Island Bylot Island Ellesmere Island Herschel Island King William
Island Prince of Wales Island Somerset Island Victoria Island Queen Elizabeth
Entries Listed by Category South Orkney Islands Coronation Island Laurie Island
Signy Island South Shetland Islands Clarence Island Deception Island Elephant
Island Greenwich Island King George Island Livingston Island Low Island ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
Entries Listed in Chronological Order
Peary Robert 18561920 510
Petermann Island Antarctic Peninsula 522
67 andre deler vises ikke