Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 86
Across the Inland Ice to Danmark Fjord, North Greenland Ross Island and Ross
Ice Shelf, Antarctica Queen Mary Coast, Antarctica Northeast Passage, Arctic
Ocean, and Franz Josef Land Novaya Zemlya, Russia, and an attempt on the
Permission was obtained for two voyages: one toward the North Pole, to be led
by Commander David Buchan; and one to search for the Northwest Passage
through Baffin Bay, to be led by Commander John Ross. Banks also introduced ...
The Saumarez River (Ross, J. 1835. Narrative of a second voyage in search of
the North-West Passage, p. 531) Bouvet Island claimed for Norway by Norvegia,
1927 (Scott Polar. 92 Boothia Peninsula extension of the mainland was of ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
Entries Listed in Chronological Order
Peary Robert 18561920 510
Petermann Island Antarctic Peninsula 522
67 andre deler vises ikke