Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 87
Bering Strait 81 completing the Northwest Passage tend to do so via Prince of
Wales Strait. Bellot Strait is preferred by smaller craft. David Cowper and John
Bockstoce, for example, came this way in 1986 and 1988. See also: Hudson's
314 Hudson Strait but once this task was accomplished, a party led by Greene
and William Wilson landed on an island to seek food from the Inuit.
Misunderstanding their purpose, the Inuit set on them, and Greene, Wilson, and
two others were ...
Larsen, Henry 377 Cambridge police detachments, which Larsen was instructed
to visit on his way east, since he was now to attempt the Passage through Rae
and James Ross Straits beyond King William Island. On 19 August, St. Roch left ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
Entries Listed in Chronological Order
Peary Robert 18561920 510
Petermann Island Antarctic Peninsula 522
67 andre deler vises ikke