Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 91
It was an argument finally won by Bull on the basis that Foyn's instructions to
proceed through the pack to assess the stocks of right whales in the Ross Sea
must be obeyed. Open water was finally reached on 13 January 1895. Theirs
was the ...
A Historical Encyclopedia William James Mills. Franklin, John 239 in the process
browbeating the managers of the trading posts he passed through into ensuring
that many of the supplies left at York Factory would finally reach Fort Enterprise.
Forced by an engine fault to make an embarrassingly immediate return to Ostend
, where two of the crew promptly resigned, he set sail again on 23 August,
making a slow passage down the Atlantic Ocean before finally reaching Punta
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
Entries Listed in Chronological Order
Peary Robert 18561920 510
Petermann Island Antarctic Peninsula 522
67 andre deler vises ikke