Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 84
A Historical Encyclopedia William James Mills. 142 Chilean Antarctic Territory
Channel; Peter I Island; Robert Island; Shackleton, Ernest (1914- 1916); South
Shetland Islands; Trinity Peninsula References and further reading: Berguno
... Danco Coast; Filchner, Wilhelm; Mackintosh, Aeneas; Nordenskjold, Otto; Scott
, Robert Falcon; Shackleton, Ernest (1914-1917); Whaling and Antarctic
Exploration; Wilkins, George Hubert References and further reading: Bagshawe.
See also: Bellingshausen, Fabian von; Discovery Investigations; Great Britain;
Larsen, Carl Anton; Sealing and Antarctic Exploration; South Sandwich Islands;
Whaling and Antarctic Exploration References and further reading: Holdgate,
M. W., ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
Entries Listed in Chronological Order
Peary Robert 18561920 510
Petermann Island Antarctic Peninsula 522
67 andre deler vises ikke