« ForrigeFortsett »
Federal Roglater Index
Order Processing Code
Superintendent of Documents Subscription Order Form
LSA (List of CFR Sections Affected), (LCS) for $26 per year.
(This book contains part 500 to end)
Part 500 703 1000 1101
CHAPTER II—Department of Energy (Continued)
Natural Gas Transportation System
Curtailment priorities for essential agricultural
port and export of natural gas
600 601 602
SUBCHAPTER H-ASSISTANCE REGULATIONS
assistance program .....
SUBCHAPTER I-SALES REGULATION
Sec. 500.1 Purpose and scope. 500.2 General definitions. 500.3 Electric regions-electric region
groupings for reliability measurements under the Powerplant and Industrial
Fuel Use Act of 1978. AUTHORITY: Department of Energy Organization Act, Pub. L. 95-91, 91 Stat. 565 (42 U.S.C. $7101 et seq.); Powerplant and Industrial Fuel Use Act of 1978, Pub. L. 95 620, 92 Stat. 3289 (42 U.S.C. 8301 et seq.); Energy Security Act, Pub. L. 96–294, 94 Stat. 611 (42 U.S.C. 8701 et seq.); E.O. 1209, 42 FR 46267, September 15, 1977.
SOURCE: 46 FR 59884, Dec. 7, 1981, unless otherwise noted.
OMB CONTROL No.: 1903-0075. See 46 FR 63209, Dec. 31, 1981.
8500.1 Purpose and scope.
Unless otherwise expressly provided or the context clearly indicates otherwise, this section defines the terms used in these regulations. The use of the male gender is to include female; the use of singular to include plural.
Air pollution control agency means any of the following:
(1) A single State agency designated as the official State air pollution control agency:
(2) An agency established by two or more States and having substantial powers or duties pertaining to the prevention and control of air pollution;
(3) A city, county, or other local government health authority or, in the case of any city, county, or other local unit of government in which there is an agency other than the health authority charged with responsibility for enforcing ordinances or laws relating to the prevention and control of air pollution, such other agency; or
(4) An agency or two or more municipalities located in the same State or in different States and having substantial powers or duties pertaining to the prevention and control of air pollution.
Alternate fuel means electricity or any fuel, other than natural gas or petroleum. The term includes, but is not limited to:
(3) Petroleum coke; shale oil; uranium; biomass, tar sands, oil-impregnated diatomaceous earth; municipal, industrial, agricultural wastes; wood; and renewable and geothermal energy sources (For purposes of this paragraph (3), the term industrial does not include refineries.);
(4) Liquid, solid or gaseous waste byproducts of refinery or industrial operations which are commercially unmarketable, either by reason of quality or quantity. (For purposes of this paragraph (4), the term waste by-product is defined as an unavoidable by-product of the industrial or refinery operation.) A waste by-product of a refinery or industrial operation is commercially unmarketable if it meets the criteria listed in the definition of “commercial unmarketability," set forth below;
(5) Any fuel derived from an alternate fuel; and
(6) Waste gases from industrial operations. (For purposes of this subsection, the term industrial does not include refineries.)
8500.2 General definitions.
For purposes of this part and parts 501-507 term(s):
Act means Powerplant and Industrial Fuel Use Act of 1978, 42 U.S.C. 8301 et seg.
Action means a prohibition by rule or order, in accordance with sections 301(b) and (c) of FUA; any order granting or denying an exemption in accordance with sections 211, 212, 311 and 312 of FUA; a modification or rescission of any such order, or rule; an interpretation; a notice of violation; a remedial order; an interpretive ruling; or a rulemaking undertaken by DOE.
Affiliate, when used in relation to person, means another person who controls, is controlled by, or is under common control, with such person.
Aggrieved, for purposes of administrative proceedings, describes and means a person (with an interest sought to be protected under FUA) who is adversely affected by an action proposed or undertaken by DOE.