« ForrigeFortsett »
Compiled and, Published Pursuant to Chapter 426, Laws of 1319,
Manufacture and storage of powder.
Safety laws for railroads and public utilities
Safety instruction in schools...
Automobile light law and orders.
Inspection of tenement houses.
General orders of the Industrial Commission.
General orders on safety. . . . .
General orders on fire prevention.
General orders on zinc mines..
General orders on acetylene charging plants..
General orders on safety in building construc-
Rules of practice under compensation act.....
Employers' liability law for railroad employees...
Records and reports of industrial accidents...
Private employment agency law..
Hours of Labor and Legal Holidays-All Employees
Eight hour day in absence of contract..
Hours of labor on public buildings.
State employes, office hours and vacations..
Railway employes' hours on and off duty.
Building regulations of the Industrial Commission
City building ordinances and building inspectors..
Principal contractors' liens. ...
Sub-contractors' and laborers' liens.
Liens upon logs, timber, etc.....
Liens on mining and smelting property.
Liens on stone quarry property...
Suits for wages in justice courts.
Exemption of wages from execution.
Labor Organizations and Union Labels
Laws legalizing labor organizations.
Use of injunctions in labor disputes.
Forgery of railway union cards..
Labor Disputes, Mediation, and Arbitration
Use of injunctions in labor disputes...
Blacklisting, intimidation, malicious injury, and
Fraudulent advertising for labor...
Duties and powers of the Industrial Commission
Protection of employes as members of National
Discharge or threat of discharge to influence votes
Mutual forfeit upon leaving and discharge..
I. THE INDUSTRIAL COMMISSION.
INDUSTRIAL COMMISSION LAW
Definitions of Terms Used. Section 2394-41. The following terms as used in sections 2394-41 to 2394-71 of the statutes, shall be construed as follows:
(1) The phrase "place of employment" shall mean and include every place, whether indoors or out or underground and the premises appurtenant thereto where either temporary or permanently any industry, trade or business is carried on, or where any process or operation, directly or indirectly related to any industry, trade or business, is carried on, and where any person is directly or indirectly, employed by another for direct or indirect gain or profit, but shall not include any place where persons are employed in private domestic service or agricultural pursuits which do not involve the use of mechanical power.
(2) The term "employment" shall mean and include any trade, occupation or process of manufacture, or any method of carrying on such trade, occupation, or process of manufacture in which any person may be engaged, except in such private domestic service or agricultural pursuits as do not involve the use of mechanical power.
(3) The term "employer" shall mean and include every person, firm, corporation, agent, manager, representative or other person having control or custody of any employment, place of employment or of any employe.
(4) The term "employe" shall mean and include every person who may be required or directed by any employer, in consideration of direct or indirect gain or profit, to engage in any employment, or to go or work or be at any time in any place of employment.
(5) The term "frequenter" shall mean and include every person, other than an employe, who may go in or be in a place of employment under circumstances which render him other than a trespasser.
(6) The term "deputy" shall mean and include any person employed by the industrial commission designated as such deputy by the commission, who shall possess special, technical, scientific, managerial or personal abilities or qualities in matters within the jurisdiction of the industrial commission. and who may be engaged in the performance of duties under the direction of the commission, calling for the exercise of such abilities or qualities.
(7) The term "order" shall mean and include any decision, rule, regulation, direction, requirement or standard of the commission, or any other determination arrived at or decision made by such commission.
(8) The term "general order" shall mean and include such order as applies generally throughout the state to all persons, employments places of employment, or public buildings, or all persons,