Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 94
1985a. Imperial Russia's pioneers in Arctic aviation. Arctic, 38(3), 219–230. .
1985b. The American expedition to Lady Franklin Bay. Arctic Institute of North
America, Technical Paper 29, 6–34. 1985c. The Arctic Ocean Hydrographic
The last of the Arctic voyages; being a narrative of the expedition in HMS
Assistance, under the command of Captain Sir Edward Belcher, C.B. ... London:
Lovell Reeve. Bellot, J.R. 1855. Memoirs of Lieutenant Joseph René Bellot... with
Arctic routes to fabled lands: Olivier Brunel and the passage to China and Cathay
in the sixteenth century. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press. Spufford, F.
1996. I may be some time: ice and the English imagination. London: Faber and ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke