Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 92
Vilhjalmur Stefansson's colony was expelled from Wrangell Island in 1924, and a
formal declaration was issued two years later proclaiming the assumption of
control over all lands in the Arctic Ocean, discovered and undiscovered,lying ...
A Historical Encyclopedia William James Mills. Wilkins returned to Fairbanks in
February 1927 with The Detroiter and two ski-equipped Stinson biplanes.
Amundsen's 1926 flight in the airship Norge across the Arctic Ocean via the North
Armstrong, T. E. 1952. The Northern Sea Route: Soviet exploitation of the North
East Passage. Cambridge: Scott Polar Research Institute. 1972. The Russians in
the Arctic: aspects of Soviet exploration and exploitation of the far north, 1937–57
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke