Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 41
New York: G. P. Putnam's Sons. Vaca, J.M.T. 1957. Antártida, mihogar (Nunatak).
Buenos Aires: Ediciones Troquel. Walton, E.W. K. 1955. Two years in the
Antarctic. London: Lutterworth Press. Marie Byrd Land (Antarctica) Marie Byrd
Land is ...
What exactly was seen remains a mystery, for Pirritt's party hunted in vain for
Mounts"Vinson”and “Nimitz"Most probably Siple was misled by an optical illusion
or possibly by a sudden bank of the plane. After three years, Old Byrd Station was
A succession of American expeditions, chiefly led by Richard Byrd, established
bases nearby at Little Americas I-V, which were occupied in turn in 1928–1930,
1933–1935, 1940–1941, 1947, and 1956–1959. Little Americas I–IV were ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke