Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 91
New York: American Geographical Society. Goodridge, C.M. 1832. Narrative of a
voyage to the South Seas, with the shipwreck of the Princess of Wales cutter, on
one of the Crozets. ... London: Hamilton and Adams. Goodsir, R. 1850. An Arctic ...
Proceedings of the Royal Geographical Society, 3(3), 129–150. 1881b. The
voyages of William Baffin, 1612–1622. London: Hakluyt Society. 1889. A life of
John Davis the navigator, 1550–1605. London: George Philip. 1909. Life of
Admiral Sir ...
Amsterdam: Royal Dutch Geographical Society. Wild, F. 1923. Shackletons last
voyage: the story of the Quest. London: Cassell. Wilkins, G. H. 1928a. The flight
from Alaska to Spitsbergen, 1928, and the preliminary flights of 1926 and 1927.
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke