Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 89
1760), 280 Hall, Charles Francis (1821–1871), 283 Hall Island (Franz Josef Land
), 286 Hall, James (d. 1612), 286 Hasselburg, Frederick (fl. 1810), 287 Hayes,
Isaac (1832–1881), 288 Hayes Island (Franz Josef Land), 290 Heard Island ...
Mawson's plan for this season was to take on coal from a Norwegian whaling
ship near the Balleny Islands, then revisit his old base at Commonwealth Bay in
George V Land before heading westward along the coast of Antarctica. If
... 675,703–704 Wright, Derek,304 Nonexistent lands and islands Albert Edward
Island, 204 Andreyev Land, 71,203,294,570, 679,719 Aurora Islands,
88,434,499,600, 685 Bradley Land, 156, 157,710 Buss Island, 249 The
Chimneys, 145,217 ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke