Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 90
London: Hodder and Stoughton. 1937. Rudolf Island, 1903–05. Explorers
Journal, 15(4), 11–12. Fiennes, R. 1979. Hell on ice. London: Hodder and
Stoughton. 1983. To the ends of the Earth. London: Hodder and Stoughton. 1993.
Mind over ...
London: John Spencer. Lloyd, C.C. 1970. Mr. Barrow of the Admiralty: a life of Sir
John Barrow 1764–1848. London: Collins. Lloyd-Jones, R. 2001. The
paranormal Arctic: Lady Franklin, Sophia Cracroft, and Captain and “Little Weesy
London: Macmillan. Nixon, C.B. 1980. Exploration and the cartographic history of
Victoria Island, NWT. Thesis, Scott Polar Research Institute, Cambridge. Nobile,
U. 1930. With the Italia to the North Pole. London: George Allen and Unwin.
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke