Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 88
A Historical Encyclopedia William James Mills. Wilkins returned to Fairbanks in
February 1927 with The Detroiter and two ski-equipped Stinson biplanes.
Amundsen's 1926 flight in the airship Norge across the Arctic Ocean via the North
Polar Timeline: A Chronological Listing of Polar Expeditions by Region Arctic
Svalbard Southern Ocean and North Russian and Ocean and Vicinity Greenland
America Arctic Jan Mayen Islands Antarctica ca. 325 B.C. Pytheas ca. 800–1500
Timeline 735 Arctic Svalbard Southern Ocean and North Russian and Ocean and
Vicinity Greenland America Arctic Jan Mayen Islands Antarctica 1886 Peary 1888
–1889 Nansen 1891 Drygalski 1891–1892 Peary 1892–1893 Drygalski Toll ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke