Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 88
Contents Abruzzi, Luigi Duke of (1873–1933), 1 Adams, Jameson (1880–1962),
3 Adelaide Island (Antarctic Peninsula), 4 Adélie Land (Antarctica), 4 Adventurers
, 5 Airplanes, 5 Airships, 8 Alexander Island (Antarctic Peninsula), 9 Alexandra ...
Biscoe, John (1794–1843), 88 Black, Richard (1902–1992), 89 Booth Island (
Antarctic Peninsula), 91 Boothia Peninsula (Canada), 91 Borchgrevink, Carsten (
1864–1934), 93 Borden Island (Canada), 95 Borough, Stephen (1525–1584), ...
Instead, he asserted that truth lay with the ancient belief in a massive peninsula
extending north through Novaya Zemlya and Spitsbergen and culminating in
Greenland. There was certainly no hope of a Northeast Passage. See also:
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke