Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 55
(The latter was needed to calculate longitudes from the time signal.) Thomas had
made prior arrangements to meet up at Piling with Bray and Baird, but neither
was there when the Mannings arrived on 9 February 1939. Unknown to them,
Meeting up with Olsen, who had gone ahead with BirketSmith, they followed the
Inlet to Baker Lake, where they arrived on 12 May to find Birket-Smith happy with
what he was learning about the Caribou Inuit from those visiting the HBC post to
Stenersen and Rotvold arrived back at the ship at 2:00 P.M. on Christmas Day.
As soon as Ritscher's news got through, preparations began in Germany for two
relief expeditions: an official effort led by the Norwegian Arve Staxrud, and a ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke