Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 91
Rhode Island merchants 1761, 1762 Christopher Hudson Bay Hudson's Bay
Company 1770–1772 Hearne Overland to Coppermine Hudson's Bay Company
1776–1780 James Cook Pacific Coast of North America British Admiralty 179] ...
Pakhtusov, Petr (1800–1835) Ice conditions off the east coast of the Russian
Arctic archipelago of Novaya Zemlya—“New Land”—meant that it was almost
inaccessible to sailing vessels. Not until the 1830s were substantial sections of it
Interpreted as extending from the coast south to the South Pole, it comprises one-
sixth of the total area of Antarctica. From west to east, it includes: Princess Martha
Coast, Princess Astrid Coast, Princess Ragnhild Coast, Prince Harald Coast, ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke