Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 81
There are no records of Moor or Smith receiving further commands. Despite the
concerted attack on ... Bay Company; Middleton, Christopher; Northwest Passage
References and further reading: Barr, W., and G.Williams, eds. 1994. Voyages in
See also: Barents, Willem; Bruce, William Speirs; Hoel, Adolf, Svalbard
References and further reading: Bruce, W.S. 1908. The exploration of Prince
Charles Foreland. Scottish Geographical Magazine, 32(2), 139–150. Prince
Edward Islands ...
See also: Belgium; Christensen, Lars (1936–1937); Gerlache, Adrien de; Japan;
Norway; Pakistan; Queen Maud Land; Riiser-Larsen, Hjalmar (1930–1931)
References and further reading: Tollefsen, I.E. 1997. Antarctica: the Ronde Spire.
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke