Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 82
available for his planned British National Antarctic Expedition, he welcomed the
activity of other countries since they gave him greater leverage in persuading his
own government that Britain should not be left behind by others, particularly ...
Solo from the Pole, 1997 On his last expedition to date, Steger planned to make
the first journey sledding south from the North Pole during summer. Exceptionally
risky, this was to be an unsupported solo expedition, undertaken without aid of ...
Given Torell's plans to sledge north over the ice, he planned to sail from Tromsø
early in the year. By 15 April 1861, all members of the party were assembled and
ready to embark. But the persistent northerly winds did not cease until 7 May, ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke