Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 84
At this date, no one had yet succeeded in proving his conjecture by discovering a
Dorset site not occupied subsequently by the Thule Inuit. While the Mannings
found only mixed sites, farther west Rowley was more successful that year when
Three members of Mylius-Erichsen's expedition led by Johan Peter Koch
reached Peary Land across the sea ice from Crown Prince Christian Land in
1907 before proceeding on to Capes Wyckoff and Bridgman, thus proving the
insularity of ...
Asia and North America Finally Proved Separate Continents, 1820–1824 Reports
of a great peninsula extending from America into the Arctic Ocean and lying to
the north of Siberia had inspired the privately sponsored expedition of Mathias ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke