Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 90
1984b. The fate of Rusanov's Gerkules expedition in the Kara Sea, 1913; some
further details and recent developments. Polar Record, 22(138), 287-304. .
1985a. Imperial Russia's pioneers in Arctic aviation. Arctic, 38(3), 219–230. .
Polar Record, 9(63), 547–552. Crawford, A. B. 1950. Establishment of the South
African meteorological station on Marion Island, 1947–48. Polar Record, 5(40),
576–579. Crawford, J. 1998. That first Antarctic winter Christchurch, NZ: South ...
Melbourne: Melbourne University Press. Swithinbank, C.W. M. 1989. Non-
government aviation in Antarctica. Polar Record. 1999. Foothold on Antarctica:
the first international expedition (1949–1952) through the eyes of its youngest
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke