Exploring Polar Frontiers: A Historical Encyclopedia
ABC-CLIO, 2003 - 797 sider
Covers the entire history of Arctic and Antarctic exploration, from the voyage of Pytheas ca. 325 B.C. to the present, in one convenient, comprehensive reference resource.
* 511 A-Z biographical, geographical, and subject entries on polar exploration such as dogs, man-hauling, Elephant Island, South Georgia, and major explorers such as Sir John Franklin, Fridtjof Nansen, and Richard Byrd
* Extensive collection of photographs, many taken by expedition participants
* Vivid illustrations, including woodcuts and drawings
* 20 maps detailing Arctic and Antarctic regions
* Chronology of expeditions beginning with the voyage of Pytheas in 325 B.C. through the present
Resultat 1-3 av 84
This was Australia's first station on the Antarctic continent and is the oldest
permanent station in East Antarctica. A comprehensive research program has
since been conducted at the station together with extensive studies of the
adjacent region ...
For him, the call of the Arctic was so strong that oncehaving spent time there he
never returned to complete his studies at Cambridge University; neither did he
ever seek any other form of employment.While still at Cambridge, Manning had ...
The Southern Party remained with the Caribou Inuit until late June: Rasmussen
copying down folktales, Birket-Smith continuing his ethnographic studies, and
Bangsted collecting artifacts. They did not arrive back at Danish Island until 15 ...
Hva folk mener - Skriv en omtale
MacMillan Donald 18741970
Fiala Anthony 18691950 222
Malygin Stepan d 1764
64 andre deler vises ikke