« ForrigeFortsett »
Humne samh. P
Miss Emily, 5 yrs, 10st 121b - Mr Morgan 3 3 Flycatcher, 4 yrs, 6st 1016
- Wells 4 Sally Maggs, aged, Ilst 21b - - Mr Leese O dr Sir Rowland Trenchard, 5 yrs, 7 st 121b Basham 0
First heat won by half a length, and the second by a Luxurious, 3 yrs, 6st 716 - - - S. Steggles 0 neck.
Brf by St Leon-Thalia, 3 yrs, 5st 101b - T. Cliff 0 Sheppy Stakes of 161.; 1 mi., over four hurdles.
5 to 2 agst Calot, 3 to 1 agst Luxurious, and 5 to 1 Jenny Lind, 11st 71b
Mr Milliner 1 i lagst any other. Won by half a length; a length each Sally Maggs, llst 716 - - - Mr Leese 2 dr between second, third, and fourth; Luxurious fifth, and Chance, ilst 71b (car llst 101b) - Mr Reed dis
the St Leon tilly last. Won easily.
FRIDAY.- Portland Handicap of 861.; 1 mi. Scurry Stakes of 131.; 1 mi.
Humphrey, by Cotherstone, 6 yrs, 7st Ashmall I Massaroni, 3 yrs, 9st 41b - - H. May + 1 Chilton, 3 yrs, 6st 71b
- S. Steggles 2 Volusia, 4 yrs, 9st 41b
Italian, 6 yrs, 78t -
Aldcroft 3 The Baronet's Daughter, 3 yrs, 8st 11lb T. Smith 2 Thirkleby (h'b), 5 yrs, 6st 71b
- Wells 4 Prospect, aged, 10st (car 10st 31b) Mr Barling 0 Red Lion, 4 yrs, 8st 21b
- T. Lye o After a dead heat, Massaroni walked over. Alfred the Great, 4 yrs, 7st 61b
- Basham 0 Match 101.; Ilst 71b each.
Puritan, 4 yrs, 7st 31b
- Charlton 0 Chance
Friendless, aged, 6st 71b
Olliver, jun. 0 Catherine Hayes
- Mr Claringbould 2
- Kendall 0
- Hardy 0 Angelo, 3 yrs, 6st - - - - Carroll 0
5 to 2 each agst Red Lion and Humphrey, and 6 to 1 NOTTINGHAM JULY.
agst any other. Won by a length; the same between THURSDAY, July 21.--Scarborough Stakes of 701. ; second, third, and fourth; Ann Eliza was fifth, Puritan 1 mi. 4 fur.
sixth, Alfred'the Great seventh, and Red Lion eighth. The Deformed, by Burgundy or Harkaway,
Forest Stahes of 451.; 1 mi. 2 fur. 3 yrs, 6st 71b' Wells 1 Nancy Martinson, 4 yrs, 7st 21b
Wells 1. Lady Vernon, 3 yrs, 6st 71b - - Ashmall 2 Evening Star, 3 yrs, 5st lllb (ear 5st 121b) Kendall % Lerry wheut, 4 yrs, 8st - Aldcrott 3 Equal, 3 yrs, 6st 121b
- Carroll 3 Alfred the Great, 4 yrs, 8st
- Basham 4 5 to 4 on Nancy Martinson, 2 to 1 agst Evening Star, Angelo, 3 yrs, 6st 101b
- Carroll 5 3 to 1 agst Equal. Won by a length; the same be5 to 2 on The Deformed. Won by a length; the same tween second and third. The winner, entered for 20 sovs., between second and third; a bad fourth, and Angelo was sold for 61 gs., and Evening Star, entered for beaten off.
20 sovs., was claimed under the Newmarket rule. Robin Hood Stakes of 2201., for 2 yr olds; T.Y.C. Bunney Park Stakes of 1901., for 2 yr olds; T.Y.C. Brown Brandy, by Sweetmeut, 9st
Meteora, by Melbourne, 8st llb - - Narlow 1 (inc 7lb ex)
J. Osborne 1
Charlion 2 The Caliph, 8st 71b
G. E. Sharp 3 Mary, 8st 41b
G. E. Sharp 0
Aldcrotto Impress, Sst 71b - - - Marlow 0
Ludwig, 8st . - - -
Basham 0 Horatio, &st 71b
G. Simpson 0
- T. Lye 0 Domino. 8st 71b
- - - Whitehouse 0 Bc by Ratan-Miss Martin, 8st 41b - Rogers 0 7 to 4 agst Horatio, 7 to 2 agst Domino, and 5 to 1
Vestige, 8st 31b
Wakefield agst Brown Brandy. Won by a head; Horatio a bad
Village Lass, 8st 61b - - - Yates 0 third, and Mary beaten off.
Antonia, 78t 121b - -
Stanway 0 Sherwood Handicap of 1351.; 1 mi. 2 fur.
Brown Brandy, 8st 101b (inc 31b ex) - J. Osborne 0 Italian, by Touchstone, 6 yrs, 10st 71b Capt Little 1 5 to 4 on Meteora, and 4 to 1 agst any other. Won Pride, 3 yrs, 9st 31b (inc 71b éx) - T. Parr 2 by four lengths; two lengths between second and third ; Sir Robert (h b), 6 yrs, 10st 121b - Mr Elwes 3 Mountain Maid fourth, a length from Dianne, Antonia Agis, aged, 11st - - - Capt Lane 4 fifth, and the others beaten off. Smuggler Bill, aged, 10st - Capt Haworth 5
Queen's Plate of 100 gs.; 2 mi. Thirkleby (h b), 5 yrs, 10st - - Mr Bevill 6
Sharavogue, by Freney, 4 yrs, 9st - Rogers L 3 to I each agst Ågis, Sir Robert, and Thirkleby, and
Chief Justice, 6 yrs, 9st 91b - - - T. Lye 2 8 to 1 agst Italian Won by a neck; half a length be
Nestor, 3 yrs, 7st 716 - - - W. Barker 3 tween second and third ; Agis a good fourth, and the
Birthday, 5 yrs, 9st - - - - Doyle 4 others beaten off.
7 to 4 on Chief Justice, and 5 to 2 agst Sharavogue. Nottinghamshire Handicap of 6951.; 2 mi. 2 fur. Won by four lengths; a bad third. Hungertord, by John o'Gaunt, 5 yrs, 8st 71b Charlton 1
Grand Stand Stakes of 901.; T.Y.C. Black Doctor, 5 yrs, 7st 5lb
J. Osborne 2
La Juive (h b), by Faugh a Ballagh, 3 yrs, Musician, 6 yrs, 7st 91b
- G. E. Sharp 7st 5lb Audubon, 3 yrs, 6st 31b
Mary, 2 yrs, 5st llb (car 5st 71b) - - Wells 2 Indian Warrior, 4 yrs, 7st 9
Bm by Counsellor-Miss Lucy (h b
Charlton Placid, 3 yrs, 5st 12lb
Margaret of Anjou, 3 yrs, 6st 31b - Olliver, jun. O Jacqueline, 3 yrs, 5st lllb
Nancy Martinson, 4 yrs, 7st 5lb-. - Aldcrott a Contentment, 3 yrs, 5st 91b - - Olliver, jun 0 B f by XX-Nightcap, 2 yrs, 5st Ilb - Forster 0 Florist, 3 yrs, 5st 71b - - - Midgley 0 Incense, 3 yrs, 6st 31b
- Carroll 0. 4 to 1 agst Audubon, 9 to 2 agst Contentment, 6 to 1 7 to 4 agst Margaret of Anjou, 4 to 1 agst Incense, agst Musician, 7 to 1 agst Placid, and 10 to 1 each agst 1 and 5 to lagst the Miss Lucy mare. Won by a length: Hungerford, Black Doctor, and Indian Warrior. Won two lengths between second and third. The winner, by a length; a head each between second, third, and
entered for 20 sovs., was sold for 90 gs. fourth; Indian Warrior a good fifth, and Jacqueline
Chesterfield Handicap of 2201. ; 1 mi. 4 fur.
Calot, by Touchstone, 4 yrs, 6st 71b - Clement !
Pride, 3 yrs, 5st 71b - - - - Wells Nancy Martinson, by Sleight of Hand, 4 yrs,
Lamartine, 5 yrs, 8st 7b
- Marlow 0 6st 61b - - - Wells 1 Evadne, 4 yrs, 7st 8lb
Alderoft 0 Italian, 6 yrs, 8st llb
5 to 4'agst Calot, and 5 to 2 agst Pride. Won by two B m by Counsellor-Miss Lucy (h b), 5 yrs, 7st 91b
lengths; a length between second and third.
Crouch 3 Pearl, 3 yrs, 5st 31b
Olliver, jun. 4 Equal, 4 yrs, 6st 61b - -
Carroll 5 6 to 4 agst Equal, and 5 to 2 agst Pearl. Won by a MONDAY, July 25.-Open Stakes of ill. ; 1 mi. neck; a length between second and third. The winner, Bloomer, by Percy, 6 yrs, 9st 71b - Williams 1 1 entered for 20 sovs., was bought in for 96 gs.
Blunderbuss, aged, yst 716 - - A Lad 3 % Castle Handicap of 951.; T.Y.C.
Collington Lass, 5 yrs, 8st 41b - Green 2 3 Calot, by Touchstone, 4 yrs, 7st 716 - Clement 1
Both heats won easily. Humphrey, aged, 8st
Clifton-on-Teme Stakes of 61, 1 mi. Battery, 3 yrs, 6st 716
Olliver, jun. 3 Blunderbuss, by Ishmael, aged, 9st 71b A Lad 11
tand Stakes Bullagh, 3, ?Kendells
Castlstone, 4 yrs, 781
Collington Lass, 5 yrs, 8st 41b
Green 3 2 2 to 1 on Ilex, 5 to 2 agst Sackbut, and 3 to 1 agst Br m by Bulwark-Mrs Lee, 5 yrs,
Greyleg. Won by a length, and the same between 8st 41b
Mr Devereux 2 fell secoud and third.-11m. 10 s.
Match, 200, h. ft.; 1 mi. 4 fur.
Grapeshot, by Alarm, 3 yrs, 8st 71b - - received
- - paid TUESDAY, July 26.-Craren Stahes (Hp.) of 1051.; 1 mi, 2 fur.
WEDNESDAY.-Sweepstakes of 9001., for 3 yr old Ireland's Eye, by Harkaway, 3 yrs, 6st 81b Wells i
fillies; I mi. 2 fur. Little Naughty (h b), 4 yrs, 7st - - S. Steggles 2
Mayfair, by Bay Middleton, 8st 71b - F. Butler 1 Exhibition, 3 yrs, 6st jih - - Harding 3
Exhibition, 8st 71b - - - Flatman 2 Convulsion, 4 yrs, 7st 41b - - Kitchener
Mrs Nutting, 8st 71b - - - Marlow 3 Grapeshot, 3 yrs, 7st 4lb
J. Osborne 0
- Maton 4 Speed the Plough, 3 yrs, 7st 41b- - Charlton 0
3 to 1 on Mayfair. Won by half a length; a length Babette, 4 yrs, 7st 21b
- Toovey 0
between second and third; a bad fourth.-2 m. 33 s. Lady Isabel, 4 yrs, 6st 121b
Handicap Plate of 501. ; 4 fur. Little Tom, 3 yrs, 6st 121b
- Hiett 0 Cheddar, by Cotherstone, 3 yrs, 8st 31b- - Sly 1 William Rufus, 3 yrs, 6st 81b - Ashmall0 Jessamine, 2 yrs, 5st 71b
-Quinton 2 A postate, 4 yrs, 6st 71b - - Palmer 0 | Narcissus, 6 yrs, est 101b
Bartholomew 3 3 to lagst Apostate, 6 to 1 each agst Grapeshot, Leybourne, 5 yrs, 8st (car 8st 21b)
- Rogers Speed the Plough, Little Tom, and Ireland's Eye, and Anteverta, 3 yrs, 7st 71b
- Aldcroft 0 7 to 1 agst Convulsion. Won by half a length; two Janina, 4 yrs, 7st llb -
- Wells lengths between second and third; William Rufus, 2ÒÂ2Ò2ÂòÂ2Ò2ÂòÂ§Â§Â§â►ēģ2/23/2/2/2/► –► –§Â2Ò2Â?Â§\/22/ Speed the Plough, and Little Tom were close up with Gold Dust, 3 yrs, 7st lllb - - - Basham 0 'the latter; Grapeshot next, and the others beaten off. Homebrewed 4 yrs, 7st 716
- Flatman 2 m. 26 s.
Prevention, 3 yrs, 7st 71b
H. Goater 0 Match, 100, h. ft.; 1 mi.
Evening Star, 3 yrs, 7st
Olliver, jun. 0 Hybla, by Bay Middleton, 3 yrs, '8st 71b J. Marson i Mayfly, 3 yrs, 7st - - - T. Sherwood 0 Gavotte, 3 yrs, 8st 716 - - Flatman 2
Anne Page, 3 yrs, 6st 131b - - Crouch 0 Even betting. Won by six lengths.-1 m. 59 s.
4 to 1 agst Leybourne, 4 to 1 agst Janina, 5 to 1 agst
Anteverta, and 6 to 1 agst Cheddar. Won by half a Sweepstakes of 701.; T.Y.C.
length; & neck between second and third ; Leybourne Farmer's Boy, by 'l'rueboy, 4 yrs, 8st 41b W. Barker 1
was a respectable fourth, Anteverta fifth, Janina sixth, Himalaya, 2 yrs, 5st 71b
- Wells 2
and John o'Bruges seventh; Anne Page, Mayfly, and Jessamine, 2 yrs, 5st 716 - - - Quinton 3
Gold Dust were beaten off.-57 s.
- T. Cliff 5
Goodwood Stakes of 9701. ; 2 mi. 4 fur. 2 to l'agst Himalaya, 5 to 2 agst Indiana, and 3 to 1 Adine, by Slane, 4 yrs, 7st 8lb - - Flatman I agst Homebrewed. Won by three quarters of a length; Trifle (hob), 4 yrs, 7st 41b
Alderott a very bad third.-1 m. 258. The winner was claimed Antigone, 5 yrs, 6st 121b -
Ashmall 3 for 100 sovs.
Haricot, 6 yrs, 7st 21b
Charlton Match, 200, h. ft.; T.Y.C.
Kingston, 4 yrs, 8st 11lb (inc 5) - Basham Petrel, by Weatherbít, 3 yrs, 8st 21b - Pettit 1 Buckthorn, 4 yrs, 8st 101b
- A. Day Jullien, 4 yrs, 8st 71b Flatman 2 Gossamer, 4 yrs, 7st 91b
- J. Osborne 2 to 1 on Petrel. Won by three lengths.-Im. 26 s.
Joe Miller, 4 yrs, 7st 716
Retail, aged, 7st 41b
Waterfall, 5 yrs, 6st 716
- Crouch Alembic, by Touchstone, 8st 101b - F. Butler 1
Abdallah, 6 yrs, 6st 71b
Toovey Sortie, 8st 41b - - - - Templeman 2
Vindex, 3 yrs, 6st 716
S. Steggles Andover, 8st 716
- A. Day 3
- J. Goater Eccleston, 8st 716
H. Goater 0
- Wells 0 Stonehenge, 8st 71b
- Sly 0
- J. Steggles 0 Boer, 8st 41b - - -
The Kaffir, 3 yrs, 5st 71b - - T. Sherwood 0 Baalbec, 8st 101b
Lord Albemarle, 3 yrs, 4st 131b - - Bundy 0 Bc by Van Tromp-Reel, 8st 71b - J. Marson 0
2 to 1 agst Hobby Horse, 3 to 1 agst Joe Miller, 12 to 1 5 to 4 on Andover, 3 to 1 agst Sortie, 6 to lagst Boer,
each agst Kingston, Trifle, Retail, Haricot, and Vindex. 8 to 1 agst Baalbec, and 10 to 1 each agst Alembic and
15 to 1 agst Adine, 100 to 6 agst Ireland's Eye, 20 to 1 the Reel colt. Won by three quarters of a length; a
agst Abdallah, and 25 to 1 agst Antigone. Won by neck between second and third; four lengths from them
two lengths; the same between second and third, and a were the Reel colt and Boer, Baalbec being sixth,
head between third and fourth; Vindex was next to and Stonehenge beaten off.
them, but having stopped within a few yards of the Gratwicke Stakes of 1,5501., for 3 yr olds; 1 mi. 4 fur. chair, he was passed by Ireland's Eye and Hobby Sittingbourne, by Chatham, 8st 10lb - Rogers 1 Horse, who finished sixth and seventh, several lengths .Umbriel, 8st 101b
F. Butler 2 off; the others were pulled up, the rear lot being Lord Pharos, 8st 716 - - - - Flatman 3 Albemarle, Buckthorn, The Kaffir, and Retail, who was Phrygia, 7st 131b
-Norman 4 last throughout, and bolted at the turn.-5m. 38. Letus, 8st 101b
Sweepstakes of 7501., for 3 yr old colts; 1 mi. 2 fur. 3 to 1 on Sittingbourne. Won by two lengths; wide
Eulogist, by Birdcatcher, 8st 71b - A. Day 1 intervals between the others.--2 m. 56 s.
Vanderdecken, 8st 776 - - - Marlow 2 Match, 50, h. ft.; T.Y.C.
Cobnut, 8st 716 - - - - Flatman 3 Whittington, by Van Tromp, 2 yrs, 8st 716 Flatman 1
3 to l'on Cobnut. Won by half a length; Cobnut, Game Pullet, 2 yrs. 8st 71b - - Kitchener 2 who was last throughout. a very bad third._2m. 24 s. 2 to 1 on Whittington. Won by two lengths.-1m. 23 s.
Stewards' Cup, value 3001., with 2701.; T.Y.C. Lavant Stakes of 5701., for 2 yr olds ; 4 fur. Longbow, by Ithuriel, 4 yrs, 9st 41b - 'F. Butler 1 Bay Celia, by Orlando, 8st 3lb - -'_A. Day 1 Nabob, 4 yrs, 7st. 131b
Aldcrott 2 Epaminondas, 8st 71b J. Marson + Nerva, 3 yrs, 6st 71b
Wells Amos, 8st 716 - Norman + Knight ot'the Shire, 4 yrs, 8st
Flatman Punch Box, 8st 71b Bartholomew 0 Pelion, 3 yrs, 8st 716
A. Day Brigliadoro, 8st 7lb
- F. Butler 0
- Marlow 0 Sofa, 8st 316 Kitchener 0 Exact, 3 yrs, 8st 41b
- H. Goater Bianca, 8st 31b - .
- Marlow 0
- Pettit Remorse, 8st 31b
- Flatman 0
- J. Osherne 6 to 4 agst Bay Celia, and 5 to 1 each agst Remorse
Claverhouse, 4 yrs, 8st
Whitehouse 0 and Brigliadoro. Won by a head; a dead heat for
Snowdon Dunhill, 3 yrs, 7st 121b - A. Cowley 0 second, and Punch Box close up; Brigliadoro and Michaelmas Maid, 3 yrs, 7st 101b
- Rice 0 Remorse were next, four lengths oft.-55 s.
Mr Sykes (h b), 3 yrs, 7st 91b
- F. Marson 0 Sweepstakes of 1,0501., for 4 yr olds; about 3 mi. 5 fur. Octavia, 4 yrs, 1 st 91b
- Crouch Ilex, by Beiram, 8st 716 -
Marlow 1 The Black Swan, 3 yrs, 7st 81b - - S. Steggles Sackbut, 8st 71b' Flatman 2 Old Rowley, 4 yrs, 7 st 31b
J. Goater Greyleg, 8st 716 - F. Butler 3 | Puritan, 4 yrs, 7 st 31b
- J. Mann 0
Beverlac, 3 yrs, 7st 210
- Basham 0 Massa Mungo, 5 yrs, 78t 121b - - Wakefield 0 St Faith, 3 yrs, 7st. G. Man 01 Now or Never, aged, 7st Slb
W. Abdale Jullien, 4 yrs, 7st (car 7st 1 W. Barker Exact, 3 yrs, 7st 31b
Crouch 0 Surprise (h b), 4 yrs, 7st Olliver, jun. 0 Dagobert, 3 yrs, 7st Ab
Ashmallo Flycatcher, 4 yrs, 7st Ashmall Lambton, 3 yrs, 7st 21b
J. Goater Young Norval (h b), 3 yrs, - Rickards 0 Rat-le, 3 yrs, 6st 1311
Charlton Hybla, 3 yrs, 7st Charlton 0 Zephyr, 6 yrs, 6st 121b
Chillman 0 Allington (h b), 3 yrs, 6st 71b - T. Sherwood Peggy, 3 yrs, 6st 91b
Alderoft Anne Page, 3 yrs, 6st 61b
Clement 0 7 to 4 agst Muscovite, 4 to lagst Pegky, 10 to 1 aget A postate, 4 yrs, 6st 61b
- Palmer 0 Jouvence, 12 to 1 each agst Kingston, Ambrose, and Ernestine, 3 yrs, 5st 121b - - Pordham 0 Rattle, and 20 to 1 agst Wenthergage. Won by two Cyrus, 2 yrs, 5st 31b
- J. Steggles o lengths; tour lengths between recond and third ; Mus 4 to 1 agst Pelion, 5 to 1 agst Longbow, 6 to 1 agat covite was a bad fourth, Peggy fifth, Weathergage St Faith, 8 to 1 each aget The Deformed and Nabob, sixth, and Dagobert seventh; Massa Mungo, Larnbton, and 10 to 1 each agst Octavia and Beverlac. Won by and Rattle were next, and behind them, tailed off, two lengths; the same between second and third; Exact, Now or Never, and Knight of the Shire; AmBeverlac was a bad fourth, The Deformed tifh, Sur brose and Zephyr, neither of whom passed the post. prise sixth, and St Faith seventh, close together; and were the last two, the latter having broken down. next to them Snowdon Dunhill, Knight of the Shire, 5m. 12s. and Puritan; Claverhouse and Pelion, who fell on his
First year of the Third Bentinck Memorial Stahes of5391., head at starting, were last.-lm. 20 s.
for 2 yr olds; T.Y.C. First year of the Great North and South of England
ē►ņēmēņ►–– Biennial Stakes of 9507. 10s, for 2 yr olds; T.Y.C.
Dervish, 8st 71b
- F. Butler 2 Marsyas, hy Orlando, 8st 1016 - - Basham 1
Dandelion, 8st 716 - - - -Norman 3 Scythian, sst 71b
F. Butler 2
5 to 4 on Autocrat, and 5 to 4 agst Dervish. Won by King Tom, 8st 71h - - - W. Dar 3
two lengths; Dandelion a bad third --Im. 26 s. Puneh Box, 8st 716
Bartholomeu 0 Naomi (hb), 8st 11b
Third year of the First Bentinck Memorial Stakes of6741., The Field Marshal, 8st 715
for 4 yr olds; about 3 mi. 5 fur. Durindana, 8st 41
- Platman 0 Poodle, by Ion, Sst 716 - - - A. Day 1 Dr O'Toole, &st 71b - A Day 0 Harbinger, est 71b
Flatman 2 Vignette, 8st 41b - J. Marson 0 Daniel O'Rourke, 8st 7lb
- - F. Butler 3 Be by Van Tromp-Reel, 8st 41b - Templeman 0 Hobbie Noble, 8st 71b - . V. Day 4 Trump Queen, 8st 416 - - - Charlton 0 1 5 to 4 on Daniel O'Rourke, 5 to 2 agst Poodle, and Jenny Wren, &st 41b
- Wells 0 5 to laget Hobbie Noble. Wen by two lengths; 7 to 4 on Seythian, 6 to 1 agst Marsyas, and 10 to 1 Daniel o'Rourke and Hobbie Noble were pulled up. each agst Naomi, Dr O'Toole, and King Tom. Won 7m. 16s. by three quarters of a length; a head between second Sweepstakes of 3001., for 3 yr olds; I mi. 4 fur. and third Trump Queen was a good fourth, Naorni Cobnut, by Nutwith, 8st 711 - - Norman 1 fifth, Dr O'Toole sixth, and Durindana next.-lm. 23 s..
Catherine Hayes, Ast 21b - - Templeman 2 Sweepstakes of 901. ; 4 fur.
Vindex, 8st 711) - - - - T. Ewart 3
Filbert, est 716 Vaultress, by Birdcatcher, 3 yrs, Tst 11lb - Wells 1
- Marlow 4 Windsucker, 4 yrs, 8st Slb
- J. Marson 2
6 to 4 on Catherine Hayes, 5 to 2 ngst Vindex, 6 to 1 Hazlenut, 3 yrs, Sst - .
agst Filbert, and 20 to 1 agst Cebnut. Won by two Leybourne, 5 yrs, est 1211
- Rogers 0
lengths; a very bad third.-2 m. 58 s. Dear-me, 3 yrs, 8st
W. Marson 0 Molecomb Stakes of 5001., for 2 yr olds; T.Y.C. Old Rowley 4 yrs. Sst 81b
F. Butler 0 Andover, hy Bay Middleton, 8st 716 - A. Day 1 Dagobert, 3 yrs, 8st - - - Charlton 0 Mincement, Sst. 41b
- Rogers 2 John o' Bruges, 2 yrs, 6st 3lb - - S. Steryles 0 The Caliph, Sst 71b
- Basham 3 7 to 4 agst Vaultress, 4 to 1 agst Hazlennt, and 5 to l'Amos, Sst 71b
-Norman 4 agst any other. Won by a length and a halt; a head Strutaway, 8st 410
- - Flatman 5 between second and third ; Leybourne was fourth, John Even on Andover, 5 to 4 ngst Strutaway, and 10 to 1 o'Bruges fifth, Old Rowley sixth, Dear-me next, and agst any other. Won by # length and a hall; half a Dagobert last. Young Norval was weighed for, but length between second and third ; Anos a bad fourih, did not go to the post.-54s. The winner was claimed and Strutaway beaten odf.lm. 26 s. for 300 sovs.
Duke of Richmond's Plate ( Ip.) of 1007.; New Mile. Drawing Room Stakes of 3651., for 3 yr olds; once ro. The Black Swan, by Knight of the Whistle, Nutpeeker, by Nutwith, 8st 71b - Norman w.o. | 3 yrs, 78t 21b -
- S. Steggles 1 THURSDAY.-Produce Match of 507., for 2 yr olds ; e. Little Tom, 3 yrs, 7st
- Harding Empress Catherine, by The Emperor,
Eulogiet, 3 yrs, est 31b
- A. Day est Nlb
Abdalluh, 6 yrs, 7st 716 - Kitchener 1
Flatman Whittington, est Ilb
Watkins ng to 4 on 'Whittington. Won by a short hend.-
Octavia, 4 yrs, 7st 3lb
- Crouch 1m. 27 s.
Grapeshot, 3 yrs, 7st 31b
J. Osborne 0 Convulsion, 4 yrs, 6st 111b
- Toovey 0 Sweepstakes of 6001., for 3 yr olds; I mi.
Jullien, 4 yrs, 6st 9ib
- Wells 0 Cinens, by Touchstone, Sst 71b - - Maton 1
Phrygia, 3 yrs, 6st51b
J. Steggles o Cobrut, Sst 71b
- - Marlow 2
- J. Goater 4 to 1 on Cineas. Won by twenty lengths.-Im.58 s.
Inder, 3 yrs, 6st 31b
T. Sherwood Racing Stakes of 6001., for 3 yr olds; 1 mi.
Lady Margaret, 3 yrs, but 31
- Ashmall Lascelles, by Touchstone, 8st 71b
Rogers 1 Gavotte, 3 yrs, 6st 311
- - - Moss 0 Umbriel, 8st 71b - -
F. Butler 2 | Sandhurst, 3 yrs, 6st 316 - - Oliver, jun. 0 Cheddar, 8st 71b A. Day 3 Clio, 2 yrs, 595 61b
- - Quinton O William Rufus, 8st 7lb
3 to 1 ngst Inder, 5 to 1 agst Octavia, 5 to I agst Lady Filbert, Sst 131b (inc 61b ex) - - Marlow 5
Margaret, 7 to 1 agst Eulogist, 7 to I agat Clio, 12 to 1 6 to 5 agst Umbriel, 5 to 2 agst Cheddar, and 5 to 1
agst Abdallah, and 100 to 7 agost The Black Swan. garst Lascelles. Won by three quarters of a length;
Won by a neck, St Faith a length and a half from them, half a length between second and third ; the others benting Octavin, who was fourth, by a neek, Sandhurst beate off. - 1 m. 58 s.
being fifth, Eulogist sixth, Clio seventh, and Inder and
Abdallah next; the last three were Tickton, Prevention, Goodwood Cup, value 3001., with 2301.; 2 mi. 4 fur.
and Gavotte, beaten off.-1 m. 578. Jouvence, by Sting, 3 yrs, 5st 91b - T. Sherwood 1 Hervine, 5 yrs, 78t 11b
- Spreoty 2 Sweepstakes of 6001., for 2 yr old fillies; T.Y.C. Kingston, 4 yrs, 9st 31b
- Basham 3 Sortie, lay Meleurne, 8st 415 - - Templemnn 1 Muscovité, 4 vrs, set llb - - - Flatinan 4 Durindann, 8st 710 - -
Flatman 2 Weathergage, 4 yrs, 9st Ilb
- T. Pary Sister to Filius, 8st 71 - - - A. Day 3 Knight of the Shire, 4 yrs, Ost Ilb - Having 0 Sider to Incense. 8st 71b - - J. Osborne 4 Ambrose, 4 yrs, Sat 11b .
-Marlow 0 4 to 1 on Sortie, and 7 to 1 agst Durindana. Won by
our to Filius, and
Torment, Green's Plate of 100
a length and a half; a length between second and third; Sister to Filius, 6st 1016 - - - J. Steggles 0 Sister to Incense a bad fourth.-lm. 299.
Margaretta, 6st71b - - - Olliver, jun. O Anglesey Plate (Hp.) of 501.; 1 mi. 2 fur. Vingt-et-un, 6st 716 - - - Hiett 0 Agis, by Safeguard, aged, 12st 101b - Capt Lane i
The Brigadier, 6st 71b - - - J. Moss Lady Isabel, 4 yrs, 10st 41b - - Capt Little 2
Health, 6st 516 -
- Lye, jun. 0 Waterfall, 5 yrs, I1st 716 - - - Mr Roberts 3
Bonnie Bairn, 6st 41b - - T. Sherwood 0 Bordeaux, 6 yrs, 13st
- Capt Rowley
3 to 1 agst Ladybird, 4 to I agst Beauty, 6 to 1 agst Little Naughty (h b), 4 yrs, 11st 71b - Mr Price o
Vixen, 7 to 1 agst Bribery, 8 to 1 agst Spicey, 10 to 1 Lambay, 3 yrs, 10st 13lb - Mr P. Williams 0
each agst Jack Frost, Margaretta, and Vingt-et-un, 7 to 4 agst Lambay, 3 to 1 agst Little Naughty, 4 to 1
and 100 to 8 agst Woodcote. Won by two lengths ; agst Lady Isabel, and 5 to 1 agst Agis. Won by a
Lady Bird beating Naomi and Winkfield, who ran á head; a bad third.--2 m. 40 s.
dead beat for third place, by a length; close up with Susser Stahes of 501., for 2 yr olds; T.Y.C.
them were Jack Frost, Vingt-et-un, and Joan of Arc; Ludwig, by Orlando, 8st 41b
the last three were Village Lass, Sister to Filius, and
- Basham 1 Telegraph, 8st 41b - - - Kitchener 2
Bonnie Bairn.-lm. 58 s. 4 to 1 on Ludwig. Won by twenty lengths. Second year of the Second Bentinck Dfemorial Stakes of
Torment, by Alarm, 3yrs, 7st 41b (car7st 61b) Flatman 1
Ilex, 4 yrs, 9st 21b - - - - Marlow 2 3141., for 3 yr olds; 1 mi. 4 fur.
Sackbut, 4 yrs, 9st 21b
- F. Butler 3 Sittingbourne, 8st 71b - - F. Butler w.o.
Buckthorn, 4 yrs - - - - A. Day 4 Match, 300, h. ft.; 2 mi.
5 to 2 on Torment, 4 to 1 agst Ilex, and 5 to 1 agst Torment, by Alarm, 3 yrs, 8st 716 - - received Buckthorn. Won easily by half a length; a bad third, Dove, 3 yrs, 8st - - - - paid and Buckthorn beaten off.---6m. 548. FRIDAY --Sweepstakes of 3001., for 4 yr olds; 2 mi. 4 fur.
Coudray Stakes of 1301.; T.Y.C. Adine, 8st 21b
- Flatman 1 Dear-me, by Melbourne, 3 yrs, Ambrose, 8st 715 - - - - Marlow 2 8st 91b' - - - - Bartholomew + 1 5 to 1 on Adine. Won by two lengths.-1 m. 268. Anteverta, 3 yrs, 8st 61b
- Aldcroft + dr First year of the Rous Biennial Stakes of 9001., for? yr F by Touchstone-Muscovite's dam, 2 yrs, olds; T.Y.C.
6st 41b - - - - - Ashmall 3 Boiardo, by Orlando, 8st 716 - - F. Butler 1 Singleton Lass, 2 yrs, 6st 41b - S. Steggles 0 Quinee, 8st 71b Flatman 2 Anne Page, 3 yrs, 8st 6lb
- Marlow 0 Astolfo, 8st 71b
A. Day 3 Remorse, 2 yrs, 6st 41b - - Harding 0 Sister tó Incense, 8st 41b - - J. Osborne 0
Poetry, 2 vrs, 6st 41b - - - Wells Dandelion, 8st 71b
- Norman 0 2 to 1 agst Poetry, 3 to lagst Singleton Lass, and Little Gerard, 8st 716
- Templeman 0 1 4 to 1 each agst Dear-me and the Touchstone tilly. A Baalbec, 8st 11b - - - - Bosham 0 dead heat between Anteverta and Dear-me, the Touch
Even on Astolfo, 3 to 1 agst Boiardo, 6 to 1 agst stone tilly being beaten by three quarters of a length. Quince, and 10 to 1 agst Dandelion. Won by a neck; lm. 28 s. Dear-me atlerwards walked over. Ante a head between second and third; Dandelion a bad verta was claimed under the Newmarket rule. fourth, and the other three a length from him, close
March Stakes (Handicap) of 1601.; 6 fur. together.-1 m. 27s.
Lerbourne, by Epirus, 5 yrs, 12st 21b Capt Lane 1 Chesterfield Cup of 5857.; 1 mi. 2 fur.
The Heriot, 5 yrs, llst - - Capt Little 2 Nabob, by The Nob, 4 yrs, 7st 316 - Aldcroft 1 Little Naughty (ń b), 4 yrs, 12s - Mr Price 3 Catspaw, 3 yrs, 6st alb
- Wells 2 Redmond O'Hanlon, 4 yrs, 12st 21b Mr P. Williams 0 Pharos, 3 yrs, 7st 51b (car 7st 61b) - Flutman 3 Old Rowley, 4 yrs, llst 8lb - - Cap: Rowley 0 Jouvence, 3 yrs, 6st lllb (ine 71b ex) T. Sherwood 4 | Flycatcher, 4 yrs, 10st sib - - Mr Bevill Ariosto, 5 yrs, 8st 1016 - - - Rogers 0
5 to 4 agst Flycatcher, 4 to l each agst Redmond Dariel o'Rourke, 4 yrs, 8st 61b - - F. Butler o'Hanlon and The Heriot, and 6 to 1 agst Ley bourne. Gossamer, 4 vrs, 8st - - - W. Abdale 01 Won by half a length; two lengths between second and Nutpecker, 3 yrs, 7st 21b
- J. Mann 0 third; the others beaten off.-1 m. 34s. Hunca Munca, 3 yrs, 6st 131b
J. Osborne 0 Produce Match, 100, h. ft., for 2 yr olds; T.Y.C. Snowdon Dunhill, 3 yrs, 6st 121b - Charlton 0 El Dorado, by Harkaway
- received Beverlac, 3 yrs, 6st 716
- - Hiett 0 Chc by Pyrrhus the First-Conspiracy - paid Phrygia, 4 yrs, 5st 13lb - - Olliver, jun. 0
Match, 200, h, ft.; 1 mi. 5 to 2 agst Catspaw, 5 to 1 each agst Hunca Munca, Snowdon Dunhill, and Jouvence, 6 to 1 agst Nabob,
Pharold, by Alarm, 3 yrs, 8st 716 - - receivect and 10 to l agst Ariosto. Won by a head; two lengths
Jullien, 4 yrs, Sst 51b - - - paid between second and third, and a head between third
Sweepstakes of 501., for 2 yr olds; T.Y.C. and fourth; Ariosto was fifth, Snowdon Dunhill sixth,
Whittington, 8st 11b - - - Barber w.o. and Hunca Munca next; in the rear being Natpecker,
Match, 50, h. ft.; T.Y.C. Daniel o'Rourke, and Gossamer, the latter benten off. The Brigadier, by Corauna, 8st 5lb - Flatman W. 0. 2 m. 25 s.
Telegraph, 8s 716
- - - paid Nassau Stakes of 8502., for 3 yr old fillies; 1 mi. Mayfair, Sst 71b
- F. Butler 1
DOWNHAM MARKET. Nicotine, 8st 71b
J. Marson 2
WEDNESDAY, July 27.- Ladies' Plate of 231.; twice Sylphine, 8st 71b- Marlow 3
ro. and dis. Jacqueline, 8st 71b
Tittle Tattle, by Bay Middleton,
- Norman 0
- Hammond 1 1 Hybla, 8st 131b (inc 61b ex)
- A. Day 0
Green 3 2 Br f by Touchstone-Cuckoo, 8st 77b - Templeman 0
Pop-goes-the-Weasel (late the Assault colt), 6 to 4 on Mayfair, 5 to 2 agst Nicotine, and 4 to 1
3 vis, Tst agst Sylphine. Won by three quarters ot' a length; the
bin - - Holden 2 dr
Touch me Not, aged, 10st 71b - Smith Odr second beating the third by two lengths; the Cuckoo
Happy Jack, 4 yrs, 8st 121b - Nightingale 0 dr tilly was fourth, and Mrs Nutting last.-lm. 57 s.
'Both heats won easily. Nursery Stakes of 5851., for 2 yr olds; 1 mi.
Downham Stakes of 261.; twice ro. and dis. Vixen, by The Tartar, 6st 516
Tittle Tattle, 3 yrs, 8st 71b - Hammond 1 1 Ladybird, 6st 61b - - - Rickards 2
Ravenswing, 4 yrs, 9st 12b - - Nightingale 2 2 Naomi (hb), 7st 41b
Buckle 3 dis Winkfield, 1st 316
dis Woodcote, 8st 716
Templeman 0 Bribery, 8st 6lb
Flatman 0 Astolfo, 78t 131b
- G. Mann 0
The East Anglian Plate was won in two heats by Red Jack Frost, 7st 91b
Rose (Holden), beating two others. Clio, 7st 61b
- Harding 0
Members' Plate of 121.; twice ro. Village Lass, 7st 5lb
- Crouch 0 Fear, 3 yrs, 7st lalb - - Nightingale 1 1 Cable, 7st 416 J. Mann 0 Touch rae Not, aged, Ilst
Smith 2 2 Joan of Arc, 7st 31b S. Steggles o The Unknown, aged, 10st 41b
A Lad 3 3 Beauty, 7st 21b - - - E. Harrison Mainspring, 6 yrs, 10st 41b - - Buckle 0 0 Spicey, 6st 121b
WEDNESDAY, Jamaleon, jlanmond
Ammo Best w
Hunters' Plate; 2 mi. over 3 hurdles.
The first heat won easily, and the second walked over Jerry, 6 yrs, llst 5lb - - Nightingale 11 for. The winner, entered for 20 sovs., was sold for 31 gs. The Hawk, 5 yrs, 10st 71b - - Smith 2 2
Sweepstakes of 661.; 1 mi. 4 fur. Register, aged, list 5lb -
- Green 3 dr Each heat won by a head.
Ammonin, by The Ugly Buck, 4 yrs, est The Consolation Purse of 51., was won in two heats
Holmes 0 1 1 by Ravenswing, by Alarm or Gibraltar, 8st 711 (Night
Captain Cornish , 3 yrs, 78t 21b Chillman 13 ingale), beating Standwell, Sst 71b, Happy Jack, 8st 71b,
Vinaigrette, 3 yrs, 6st 13lb - - F. Bates 2 2 and The Unknown, 9st 71b (bolted).
B f by Verulam- The Hind, 3 yrs,
The Emperor (h b), 5 yrs, 8st 716 -G. Oates 3 dr
B f by Melbourne-Tiffany, 3 yrs, THURSDAY, July 28.-Hartlepool Plate of 271.;
6st 131b (car 7st 41b)
J. Osborne 4 dr I mi. 4 fur.
Roebuck, 3 yrs, 7st 21b - - Boyes O dr Moses, by Morgan Rattler or The Squire, 5 yrs, 8st 1016
J. Brown 1
First heat: 2 to l each agst Ammonia and Captain Rage, 3 vrs, 6st lllb - - - Snowdon 3 2
Cornish. Won by a length; a bad third. Second Welsh Girl (h b), 3 yrs, 6st 8lb
heat: 6 to 4 aget Ammonia, and 2 to l agst Captain Snowdrop, 4 yrs, 8st llb
Cornish. Won by a length. Third heat: 5 to 2 on Hart Warren (h b), 5 yrs, 8st
Ammonia. Won by three lengths.
TUESDAY.-Grand Stand Stakes of 501.; T.Y.C.
Brown Brandy, 2 yrs, 7st 21b (inc 41b ex)J. Osborne 1 Voses, 5 yrs, 9st 121b (ine 10lb ex) - Prince 1
The General, 3 yrs, 8st 121b - - Cartwright 2 Misfortune (h b), 4 yrs, 8st - - Nelson 2 2
Maid of the Tees, 2 yrs, 6st 91b - - W. Boyes 3 Outcast, 5 yrs, 9st 21b
Chillman Aliss White, 4 yrs, 8st 71b
Sister to Countess of Burlington
6st 91b - -
Waddington 5 Hart Stakes of 151.; 1 mi. 2 fur.
Kidnapper, 2 yrs, 6st 121b
- Pattle 6 Lola Montes (h b), 6 yrs, 8st lllb - Smith 1 i Wings of a Dove, 3 yrs, 8st 91b - Mr C. Boynton 7 Mary Brown (h b), 5 yrs, 8st 61b - Lambert 3
2 to 1 on Brown Brandy, 3 to 1 agst Maid of the Tees, Miss White, 4 yrs, 8st 716
- Brown 2 3
7 to 2 agst Lady Ponsonby, 4 to 1 agst Wings of a Dove, Cognac (h b), 6 yrs, 9st llb - - Turnbull
and 5 to 1 agst The General. Won by half a length; Sheraton (h b), 6 yrs, 9st 11b - Thuberon 50
two lengths between the second and third, and the Mary, 3 yrs, 7st 216 -
Snowdon 0 0
same be ween the third and fourth. Who'd-have-thought-it (h b), aged, 8st lllb - Odr First heat won by half a length, and the second easily.
Great St. Wilfrid Handicap of 1341.; 2 mi. FRIDAY.-Optional Selling Stakes of 251.; 1 mi. 4 fur.
:| Thirkleby, by Delirium (hb), 5 yrs,6st 1211 Chillman i Misfortune, by Counsellor (h b), 4 yrs,
Nancy Martinson, 4 yrs, 5st 121b - Waddington 2 7 st 13lb
Leopold, 4 yrs, 8st 516
- Holmes - - - - Nelson 11 Miss White, 4 yrs, 7st 61b - - J. Brown 3 2
Happy Joe, 4 yrs, 6st 5lb - - - Pattle 0 Mary Brown (h b), 5 yrs, 1st 1016 - Lambert 0 0
Augusta, 3 yrs, 6st 31b - - - Bearpark 0 Lola Montes (h b), 6 yrs, 8st 4lb
F. Bates 0 XY, 5 yrs, 8st 61b
- - Hunton
2 to l'agst Augusta, 3 to 1 agst Happy Joe, 4 to L Welsh Giri (h b), 3 yrs, 6st 41b - Gaghan 2 dr
agst Thirkleby, 4 to l'agst Itch, and 6 to lagst Leopold. Vinaigrette, 3 yrs, 6st 41b
Won by a length; a bad third ; Augusta and Itch The first heat was won by Vinaigrette, but her rider
bolted, and Happy Joe ran against a post and fell. dismounting immediately after pulling up, she was Innkeepers' (Opt. Sell.) Plate of 321.; once ro. and dis. distanced. The second heat was won by half a neck. Vinaigrette, by Bentley, 3 yrs, 5st 61b - Seed 11 The winner, entered for 20 sovs., was bought in for Shamrock, 3 yrs, 5st lilh
- Gill 2 2 40 gs.
Springtiower, 3 yrs, 5st 61b - - F. Bates 4 3 Raby Plate, of 121.; 1 mi. 4 fur.
B f by Verulam-The Hind, 3 yrs, Outcast, by Ithuriel, 5 yrs, 8st 1016 - Lambert 11 5st 61b - - - - Waddington 3 4 Rage, 3 yrs, 6st lllb - - - Snowdon 2 2 First heat: 5 to 4 agst Shamrock, and 6 to 4 agst Cognac (h b), 6 yrs, 8st 71b - Turnbull 4 Vinaigrette. Won by a length. Second heat: 7 to 4 on Miss White, 4 yrs, 8st 11b - - J. Brown 3 dr
Vinaigrette. Won by a length. An objection against the Both heats won easily.
winner was overruled; entered for 20 sovs., she was sold West Hartlepool Plate (Handicap) of 131.; 1 mi. 4 fur.
for 80 gs. Misfortune (h b), 4 yrs, 7st 131b - Nelson 11 Lola Montes (h b), 6 yrs, 9st - Smith 3 2
Amateur Stahes of 401.; 1 mi. 4 fur. Miss White. À yrs. ost 516 - - Lambert 2dr Risk, by Melbourne (hb), 6 yrs, 10st 61b Mr Mathews 1 First heat won by a head, and the second by half a Melrose, 3 yrs, 8st lllb
- G. Oates 2 neck.
Annie Sutherland (h b), 3 yrs, 8st lllb Aldcroft 3 Match, 501.
Nancy Martinson, 4 yrs, 10st 21b Mr C. Boynton Sheraton (h b), 6 yrs -
- Mr Steele il 7 to 4 agst Risk, 5 to 2 agst Nancy Martinson, 5 to 1 Cognac (h b), 6 yrs -
Mr Hall 2 | agst Melrose. Won by a length; a bad third.
MONDAY, Aug. 1.-- Maiden Plate of 177.; 1 mi. 4 fur.
- 1 1 Paquetta, by The Provost, 5 yrs, 8st 5lb Cartwright 1 The General, 3 yrs, 6st
Fawn (h b), aged, 10 st 61b - Waddington 2
- 2 2 Maid of Team Valley, 6 yrs, 8st 101b - J. Osborne 3
Ann, aged, 10st 61b - -
- 3 dis C. Barker 4 Sandford Orleigh Plate of 251.; from the Red Post. Roebuck, 3 yrs, 6st
- Boyes 0 Phantom (hb), by Jack in the Green, 6 yrs, llst llb II 6 to 4 agst The General, and 3 to 1 each agst Paquetta | The Duffer, aged, 10st llb
- 3 2 and Maid of Team Valley. Won by half a length; a Bellina, 4 yrs, 10st bad third. Roebuck bolted.
Devonshire Lass, aged, 10st 61b -
Cinderella (h b), aged, 10st lllb· - - bolted Brown Brandy by Sweetmeat, 8st 816
Teignmouth Handicap; twice ro. (inc 3lb ex - - - - J. Osborne 1
The Lark (h b), 5 yrs
- 1 The Jealous One, 8st 21b -
G. Oates 2
1 Lady Ponsonby, 8st 5lb (inc 3 lb ex) - Holmes 3
Devonshire Lass, aged - - - - 2 2 B f by Barnton,d by Inheritor-Gin, 8st 21b Aldcroft 4 TUESDAY.-Teignbridge Plate; about 1 mi. 6 fur. Even on Brown Brandy, 5 to 4 agst Lady Ponsonby,
Queen of the Forest, aged, 7st 21band 4 to 1 agst The Jealous One. Won by a length; the
- - 1 1 same between second and third; the Barnton filly was
Devonshire Lass, aged, 8st 91b
- dis beaten off.
Torquay Free Handicap Plate; once ro. and dis. Optional Selling Stakes of 301.; 1 mi. 4 fur. Phantom (h b), 6 yrs, llst 71b Jocassin, by Cotherstone, 3 yrs, 5st 41b Bearpark 11 The Lark, 5 yrs, 10st 41b
- - II
Springflower, 3 yrs, 4st 131b - - R. Bullock 2 dr Queen of the Forest, aged, 5st
engtower, 98, 5st 1 1: 3 yrs, 5
Vaidose, 3 yrs, 6 ist
, and 3 to by half a ler