« ForrigeFortsett »
(A) annually the list required under paragraph (1) of this subsection; and
(B) any modification of the list made before the next list is published 8 50105. Fraudulent use of "Made in America" label
If the Secretary of Transportation decides that a person intentionally affixed a “Made in America” label to goods sold in or shipped to the United States that are not made in the United States, the Secretary shall declare the person ineligible, for not less than 3 nor more than 5 years, to receive a contract or grant from the United States Government related to a contract made under section 106(k), 44502(a)(2), or 44509, subchapter I of chapter 471 (except section 47127), or chapter 481 (except sections 48102(e), 48106, 48107, and 48110) of this title or subtitle B of title IX of the Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990 (Public Law 101-508, 104 Stat. 1388–353). The Secretary may bring a civil action to enforce this section in any district court of the United States.
INTERNAL REVENUE CODE OF 1986
SEC. 4041. IMPOSITION OF TAX.
(c) NONCOMMERCIAL AVIATION.—
(1) TAX ON NONGASOLINE FUELS WHERE NO TAX IMPOSED ON FUEL UNDER SECTION 4091.—There is hereby imposed a tax upon kerosene and any other liquid (other than any product taxable under section 4081)
(A) sold by any person to an owner, lessee, or other operator of an aircraft, for use as a fuel in such aircraft in noncommercial aviation; or
(B) used by any person as a fuel in an aircraft in noncommercial aviation, unless there was a taxable sale of
such liquid under this section. The rate of the tax imposed by this paragraph shall be the rate of tax specified in section 4091(b)(1) which is in effect at the time of such sale or use. No tax shall be imposed by this paragraph on the sale or use of any liquid if there was a taxable sale of such liquid under section 4091.
(2) DEFINITION OF NONCOMMERCIAL AVIATION.–For purposes of this chapter, the term "noncommercial aviation” means any use of an aircraft, other than use in a business of transporting persons or property for compensation or hire by air. The term also includes any use of an aircraft, in a business described in the preceding sentence, which is properly allocable to any transportation exempt from the taxes imposed by sections 4261 and 4271 by reason of section 4281 or 4282 or by reason of section 4261(h).
(3) TERMINATION.—The rate of the taxes imposed by paragraph (1) shall be 4.3 cents per gallon
(A) after December 31, 1996, and before the date which is 7 days after the date of the enactment of the Airport and Airway Trust Fund Tax Reinstatement Act of 1997, and
(B) after September 30, 2007. (d) ADDITIONAL TAXES TO FUND LEAKING UNDERGROUND STORAGE TANK TRUST FUND.
TAX ON SALES AND USES SUBJECT TO TAX UNDER SUBSECTION (A).—In addition to the taxes imposed by subsection (a), there is hereby imposed a tax of 0.1 cent a gallon on the sale or use of any liquid (other than liquefied petroleum gas and other than liquefied natural gas) if tax is imposed by subsection (a)(1) or (2) on such sale or use.
(2) LIQUIDS USED IN AVIATION.—In addition to the taxes imposed by subsection (c), there is hereby imposed a tax of 0.1 cent a gallon on any liquid (other than gasoline (as defined in section 4083)
(A) sold by any person to an owner, lessee, or other operator of an aircraft for use as a fuel in such aircraft, or
(B) used by any person as a fuel in an aircraft unless there was a taxable sale of such liquid under subpara
graph (A). No tax shall be imposed by this paragraph on the sale or use of any liquid if there was a taxable sale of such liquid under section 4091.
(3) TERMINATION.—The taxes imposed by this subsection shall not apply during any period during which the Leaking Underground Storage Tank Trust Fund financing rate under section 4081 does not apply.
(e) ADDITIONAL TAX.—If a liquid on which tax was imposed on the sale thereof is taxable at a higher rate under subsection (c)(1) of this section on the use thereof, there is hereby imposed a tax equal to the difference between the tax so imposed and the tax payable at such higher rate. (f) EXEMPTION FOR FARM USE.
(1) EXEMPTION.—Under regulations prescribed by the Secretary, no tax shall be imposed under this section on any liquid sold for use or used on a farm for farming purposes.
(2) USE ON A FARM FOR FARMING PURPOSES.–For purposes of paragraph (1) of this subsection, use on a farm for farming purposes shall be determined in accordance with paragraphs (1), (2), and (3) of section 6420(c).
(g) OTHER EXEMPTIONS.—Under regulations prescribed by the Secretary, no tax shall be imposed under this section
(1) on any liquid sold for use or used as supplies for vessels or aircraft (within the meaning of section 4221(d)(3));
(2) with respect to the sale of any liquid for the exclusive use of any State, any political subdivision of a State, or the District of Columbia, or with respect to the use by any of the foregoing of any liquid as a fuel;
(3) upon the sale of any liquid for export, or for shipment to a possession of the United States, and in due course so exported or shipped; and
(4) with respect to the sale of any liquid to a nonprofit educational organization for its exclusive use, or with respect to the use by a nonprofit educational organization of any liquid as a fuel.
For purposes of paragraph (4), the term "nonprofit educational organization" means an educational organization described in section 170(b)(1)(A)(ii) which is exempt from income tax under section 501(a). The term also includes a school operated as an activity of an organization described in section 501(c)(3) which is exempt from income tax under section 501(a), if such school normally maintains a regular faculty and curriculum and normally has a regularly enrolled body of pupils or students in attendance at the place where its educational activities are regularly carried on. (h) EXEMPTION FOR USE BY CERTAIN AIRCRAFT MUSEUMS.—
(1) EXEMPTION.—Under regulations prescribed by the Secretary, no tax shall be imposed under this section on any liquid sold for use or used by an aircraft museum in an aircraft or