« ForrigeFortsett »
The Good Worth Library—continued.
18. The Boy's Book of Industrial Information. With 365 En
grarings by Dalziel Brothers.
19. Famous Boys, and How they Became Famous Men. With
20. Triumphs of Perseverance and Enterprise. By Thomas
Cooper. With many Engravings.
21. The Crusades and Crusaders. The Story of the Struggle for
the Holy Sepulchre. By J. G. Edgar. With full-page Engravings.
22. The Merchant's Clerk; or, Mark Wilton. By Rev. C. B.
Tayler, M.A. With full-page and other Engravings.
23. The Young Marooners ; or, The Adventures of Robert and
Harold on the Florida Coast. With many Engravings.
24. Holiday House. By Catherine Sinclair. With full-page
25. The Boy's Book of Modern Travel and Adventure. With
26. Mary Bunyan, the Blind Daughter of John Bunyan. By Sallie
Rochester Ford. With full-page Engravings.
27. The Scottish Chiefs. By Jane Porter. With full-page En
28. Keble's Christian Year; or, Thoughts in Verse for the Sundays
and Holy Days throughout the Year. With full-page Engravings.
30. Life Thoughts. Gathered from the Extemporaneous Discourses
of Henry Ward Beecher. With Red Border Lines.
31. The Christian Life. Bible Helps and Counsels for Every Day
throughout the Year. With Red Border Lines.
32. The Perfect Life. By William E. Channing.
33. Sacred Heroes and Martyrs. By J. T. Headley. Revised
and Edited by J. W. Kirton, LL.D., Author of " Buy your own Cherries."
LITERARY CURIOSITIES AND ECCENTRICITIES.
Collected and Edited by W. A. Clouston. Crown 8vo, cloth gilt, zs. 6d.
THE TRUE HISTORY OF A LITTLE RAGAMUFFIN. By James Greenwood, Author of "Journeys through London," &c With full-page Illustrations. Crown 8vo, cloth gilt, price 3s. 6d.
JOURNEYS THROUGH LONDON; or, Bye-Ways" of the Modern Babylon. By Jamus Greenwood, Author of "The True History of a Little Ragamuffin." With Twelve double-page Illustrations. Crown 8vo, cloth gilt, price $s. 6d.
CHARLES O'MALLEY, the Irish Dragoon. By Charles
Lhver. An Entirely New Library Edition of this popular work. Embellished with many Original Wood Engravings and attractively bound, cloth gilt, price 6>.
London: WARD, LOCK & CO., Salisbury Square, E.C.
THE FAMILY CIRCLE LIBRARY.
A Serifs of Popular Books, specially designed for Gifts and Rewards, and for Family Reading and Reference.
Fully Illustrated and handsomely bound, cloth gilt, 31. 6d. each.
1. Margaret Catchpole (The History of). By Rev. K. Cobbold.
With Coloured Plates and other Illustrations.
2. Beatrice; or, The Unknown Relatives. By Cathkrink Sin
Clair. With Coloured Plates.
3. Amy and Hester; or, The Long Holidays. By H. A. Ford.
With Coloured Frontispitce and many Engravings.
4. Wonders and Beauties of the Year. Popular and Poetical
Descriptions of the Wild Flowers, Birds, and Insects of the Months. By
5. Wonders and Curiosities of Animal Life. By Gkorge
Keakley. With Colomed Frontispiece and many Engravings.
6. Nature's Gifts, and How we Use them. A Familiar Account
of our Everyday Wants, Comforts, and Luxuries. by Ghokge Dodd. With Coloured Frontispiece and othei Illustrations.
7. Modern Society; or, The March of Intellect. By Catherine
Sinclair. With Coloured and other Illustrations.
8. Herbert Lovell; or, Handsome He who Handsome Does. By
Rev. F. W. B. BouvEKiii. With Coloured and other Illustrations.
9. The Sailor Hero; or, The Frigate and the Lugger. By Captain
Armstrong. With full-page Illustrations.
10. The Cruise of the " Daring." A Tale of the Sea. By Capt.
Armstkong. With full-page illustrations.
11. Life's Contrasts; or, The Pour Homes. By Mrs. Gother
Mann. With Coloured Frontispiece and other Illustrations.
12. Popular Preachers of the Ancient Church: Their Lives and
their Works. By Rev. W. Wilson. With Illustrations.
13. Edwin and Mary; or, The Mother's Cabinet. With Coloured
Frontispiece and other Illustrations.
14. The Book of Children's Hymns and Rhymes. With Co
loured Frontispiece and many Engravings.
15. Looking Heavenward: A Series of Tales and Sketches for the
Young. By Jane C. Simpson. With Coloured Frontispiece and many
16. Character and Culture. By the Bishop of Durham, Canon
Dale, &c. With Passages selected from the Works of Eminent Divines.
17. Pilgrims Heavenward. Essays of Counsel and Encourage
ment for the Christian Life With Coloured Frontispiece.
18. Preachers and Preaching, in Ancient and Modern Times. By
the Rev. Henry Christmas. With Portraits.
London: WARD, LOCK <5ri CO., Salisbury Square, B.C.
The Family Circle Library—continued.
19. Julamerk; or, The Converted Jewess. By Mrs. Webb. With
Coloured and other Illustrations.
20. Fern Leaves from Fanny's Portfolio. First and Second
Series Complete. With numerous Illustrations.
21. Orange Blossoms: A Book for All who have Worn, are Wear
ing, or are likely to Wear Them. Edited by T. S. Arthur. With numerous Illustrations.
22. The Martyrs of Carthage; or, The Christian Converts. A
Tale of the Times of Old. With numerous Illustrations.
23. Modern Accomplishments; or, The March of Intellect. By
Catherine Sinclair. With Coloured Plates.
24. Pyrotechny; or, The Art of Making Fireworks with Safety and
Cleanliness, and at Little Cost. With 124 Illustrations.
25. Mont Blanc (A Boy's Ascent of). By Albert Smith.
With Memoir of the Author by Edmund Yates. With numerous
26. Poe's Tales of Mystery, Imagination, and Humour. By
Edgar Allan Poe. With numerous Illustrations.
27. Ballads and Poetical Tales. Selected from Percy, Ritson,
Evans, Jamieson, Scott, &c.
28. Beeton's Book of Birds; Showing how to Rear and Manage
them in Sickness and in Health. With Coloured Plates by Harrison Weir, and over 100 Engravings.
29. Beeton's Book of Poultry and Domestic Animals: How
to Rear and Manage them in Sickness and in Health. With Coloured Plates by Harrison Weir and over 100 Engravings.
30. Getting On in the World; or, Hints on Success in Life. First
and Second Series Complete. By William Mathews.
31. Journeys through London; or, Bye-ways of the Modern
Babylon. By James Greenwood. With 12 double-page Engravings.
32. Fanny Fern's New Stories for Children. By the Author of
"Fern Leaves." Illustrated.
33. Adventures of Captain Hatteras. Containing "The English
at the Norch Pole," and "The Ice Desert." By Jules Verne. With Coloured Plates.
34. Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea. First and
Second Series Complete. By Jules Verne. With Coloured Plates.
35. The Wonderful Travels. Containing "Journey into the In
terior of the Earth," and "Five Weeks in a Balloon. By Jules Verne. With Coloured Plates.
36. The Moon Voyage. Containing "From the Earth to the
Moon," and "Round the Moon." By Jules Verne. With Coloured
London: WARD, LOCK 6V CO., Salisbury Square, E. C.
THE GOOD WORTH LIBRARY.
In the Good Worth Library no works have been admitted in which the three requisites for good worth in a book,—namely, the promotion of knowledge, the furtherance of wisdom, and the charm of amusement—are not combined, and "whose perusal will not satisfy the mind, as with good, wholesome and strengthening food.
Fully Illustrated and handsomely bound, cloth gilt, 3*. 6d. each.
1. Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress, from this World to that which
is to Come. With Memoir of the Author by H. W. Dulcken, Ph.d., and 100 Illustrations by Thomas Dalziel, Engraved by Dalziel Brothers.
2. The Swiss Family Robinson ; or, The Adventures of a Swiss
Pastor and his Family on an Uninhabited Island. Translated by Henry
3. Andersen's Stories for the Young. By Hans Christian
Andersen. With many full-page and other Engravings.
4. Andersen's Popular Tales for Children. By Hans Christian
Andersen. With many full-page and other Engravings.
5. Anne and Jane Taylor's Poetry for Children. Containing
the Original Poems, Hymns for Infant Minds, and Rhymes for the Nursery. With many Engravings.
6. The Story of Stories for the Little Ones; or, Bible Narratives
for the Young. By Mrs. Leathley. With many Engravings.
7. Fifty Celebrated Women: Their Virtues and Failings, and the
Lessons of their Lives. With many Engravings.
8. Fifty Celebrated Men: Their Lives and Trials, and the Deeds
that made them Famous. With many Engravings.
9. Robinson Crusoe. By Daniel Defoe. With Memoir of the
Author and many Engravings.
to. The Wonders of the World, in Earth, Sea, and Sky. By Uncle John. With 123 Engravings.
11. Evenings at Home; or, The Juvenile Budget Opened. By
Mrs. Barbauld and Dr. Aiken. With many Engravings.
12. The Gentlemen Adventurers; or, Antony Waymouth. By
W. H. G. Kingston. With full-page Engravings.
I 13. Sandford and Merton (The History of). By Thomas Day.
. With ico Engravings by Dalziel Brothers.
! 14. A Boy's Life Aboard Ship, as it is. Told by Himself. With
'15. Life in a Whaler; or, Perils and Adventures in the Tropical Seas. By Sailor Charley. With full-page Engravings.
; 16. Great Inventors: The Sources of their Usefulness, and the Results of their Efforts. With 109 Engravings.
17. The Marvels of Nature; or, Outlines of Creation. With 400 Engravings by Dalziel Brothers.
London: WARD, LOCK & CO., Salisbury Square, E. C.