« ForrigeFortsett »
RETURN to an Address of the Honourable The House of Commons,
dated 14 March 1854 ;-for,
(Extracted from the Original Volume in the custody of the Archbishop of Canterbury
at Lambeth Palace, and accompanied by Explanatory Documents.)
Copy of the ALTERATIONS in the Book of COMMON PRAYER, prepared by
the Royal COMMISSIONERS for the REVISION of the LITURGY, in 1689.
The Printed Text,
Alterations and Amendments,
(1) Ingraved Title-page.] “THE BOOK
“ “ OF COMMON PRAYER And Adminis. " tration Of the SACRAMENTS, and other “ RITES & CEREMONIES Of the CHURCH,
According to the Use of the CHURCH “OF ENGLAND, Together with the PSALTER “ or PSALMS OF DAVID, Pointed as they
are to be Sung or Said in Churches : And “ the Form & Manner of Making, Or"daining & Consecrating of Bishops, Priests, 66 and Deacons.
“ London Printed by His Maties Printers “ Cum Privilegio MDCLXXXVI.
66 P: Williamson scu."
(2) Printed Title-page.] PRIESTS.
Struck out, and altered, without any mark of doubt.] PRESBYTERS.
This imprint struck out.
(3) Ibid. After “London,"] Printed by the Assigns of John Bill Deceas'd : And by Henry Hills, and Thomas Newcomb, Printers to the Kings most Excellent Majesty. 1683.
(4) « The Contents of this Book.”
(5) “ An Act for the Uniformity of “ Common Prayer, and Service in the
Church, And Administration of the Sacraments, Primo Eliz.”
All standing unaltered.
(6) “ An Act for the Uniformity of “ Publick Prayers, And Administration of 6 Sacraments, and other Rites and Cere“monies : And for Establishing the Form " of Making, Ordaining, and Consecrating “ Bishops, Priests, and Deacons in the “ Church of England, xiv. Carol. II.”
(7) “ The Preface.”
The following Note.] A new Preface.