44. Tho Cossacks, ......
45. The admirable discipline and equipment of the army, .
46. Russian navy, ......
47. Revenue of Russia, .....
48. Positions of the principal armies,
49. General corruption in Russia, ....
50. Enormous abuses which prevail,
51. Striking instances of this corruption,
52. Emigration in Russia is all internal,
£3. Great impulse to agricultural industry in Russia from free trac
54. What is the destiny of Russia! ....
55. Two different people in Russia, ....
56. Liberal ideas with which the troops returned from France anc
57. First steps of Alexander on his return to Russia iu 1814,
58. His beneficent measures, . . . .
59. Marriage of Alexander's sister to the Prince of Orange, and c
duke Nicholas to the Princess of Prussia,
60. Incessant travels of Alexander from 1815 to 1825,
61. Various beneficent measures introduced by him,
62. His arrival at Warsaw in 1818, ....
63. Alexander's memorable speech to the Diet,
64. Journey of Alexander to his southern provinces,
65. His efforts for the enfranchisement of the peasants,
66. Transactions of 1819, .....
67. Expulsion of the Jesuits, ....
68. Great changes in the emperor's mind from the revolution of 1
69. Violent scene, and dissolution of the Polish Diet,
70. Congress of Troppau, .....
71. Congress of Troppau: its resolutions, .
72. Congress of Laybach, .....
73. Reflections on the division among the allied powers, .
74. Limits of the right of intervention,
75. What share had the Holy Alliance in this?
76. Attitude taken by England on the occasion,
77. War declared against the revolution in Naples,
78. Unresisted march of the Austriaus towards Naples,
79. Subjugation of Naples, and return of the king, .
80. Movement of the insurgents in ricdmont,
81. Meeting of the Allies, and fresh revolution in Genoa, .
82. Increasing difficulties of tho insurgents,
83. Total defeat of the insurgents at Agogna,
84. Submission of tho capital, and termination of the war,
85. Violent reaction in Italy,
86. Reaction in Piedmont, and treaty with Austria,
87. Revolt in a regiment of guards at St Petersburg,
88. Alexander refuses to support tho Greeks,
89. Extension of the Russian empire in North America,
90. Suppression of freemasons' and other secret societies, .
01. General failure of the emperor's philanthropic projects,
02. Dreadful flood at St Petersburg,
93-94. Description of the situation of St Petersburg,